17th April 2012, 10:03 PM
nashreen m

Can I apply for IFS Exam having completed M.Sc in Microbiology?

I completed my M.Sc. Microbiology.can i apply for IFS exams? and if yes than plz suggest me which subject or papper should i select.

Related Questions:
  1. Information,Eligibility and Important dates for IFS-2011 examination ?
  2. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  3. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  4. Am I eligible for IFS exam after doing MSc Microbiology with biochemistry as complementary subject
  5. Universities having centers in Delhi/NCR offering MSc in Microbiology? I have completed BSc in Microbiology
  6. Am I eligible for IFS Exam having completed M.Sc in Microbiology?
  7. Am I eligible to write IFS exam? I have completed my PG in MSc Biochemistry some years back
  8. What are the job offered to be after completing MSc in microbiology?
  9. M.Sc Chemistry or M.Sc Microbiology which one is better? -- [New]
  10. Which are the courses available in MSc Microbiology? I have completed BSc Microbiology
  11. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  13. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  14. Can I do M.Phil in Agricultural Microbiology after completing BSc Zoology and MSc Microbiology?
  15. Universities for M.Sc (Microbiology) with distance education?
  16. What should I study in M.Sc to apply for IFS being a B.Sc(PCM) 1st year student?
  17. What should I do M.Sc in Chemistry or M.Sc in Microbiology? Which one has better job opportunity?
  18. Renjini, MSc.Microbiology completed student
18th April 2012, 06:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS Exam having completed M.Sc in Microbiology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashreen m View Post
I completed my M.Sc. Microbiology.can i apply for IFS exams? and if yes than plz suggest me which subject or papper should i select.
IFS stands for Indian Forest Services and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Bachelor degree of a recognised University with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification. If you have study any one of the subjects in your Graduation then you are eligible for this year IFS Examination.

The Notification of IFS Examination was already published on 14/April/2012 and the Online Registrations was also started.

To apply for this examination, you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2012.

You must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination, 2012. The application form fees is Rs 100 and you have to remit your fees by any one of the modes :

~~ Pay the fees direct in SBI Bank
~~ Pay the fees through Debit/Credit Card
~~ Pay the fees Through SBI NET Banking

The last date of apply for this examination Online 14/May/2012

Examination date of IFS Examination 14July/2012

You will be permitted four attempts at the examination and you have to cracked this examination within the given limits.

The written examination consisting of the following papers :

~~ Paper I General English 300 marks
~~ Paper II General Knowledge 300 marks
~~~Paper III Any two subjects 200 marks
~~ Paper IV from the list of each paper the optional
~~ Paper V Subjects selected by candidates
~~ Paper VI Each subject will have two papers.

If you are Interested in examination, then please apply for this examination and for more information check official website :

http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2012, 06:38 PM
bablubeniwal
Junior Member+

hi,
Yes, you are eligible for ifs exam.
Ifs stands indian forest service which is conducted by upsc.
To join ifs;
Bechelor degree from the reconized universit
Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
For more information,
Log on www.upsc.gov.in
Thanks
8th March 2013, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

after completing my bsc in microbiology, i did msc in horticulture.Am i eligible to give indian forest service exams?
27th January 2020, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

i have done bsc in microbiology can i give ifs exam
27th January 2020, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

I have done bsc in microbiology can I give ifs exam ?
12th April 2020, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Is height important for forest service ? My height is short. I am a general category woman ... please reply me
7th June 2020, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am a BSc Microbiology student. Can i eligible for Indian Forest Service exam? Please reply me sir.
24th February 2021, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

I completed bsc electronic and communication and higher study in m.sc physics I will apply for IFS EXAM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?