25th December 2014, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in M.Sc to apply for IFS being a B.Sc(PCM) 1st year student?

hello
i am a bsc 1 yr student
i am an ifs aspirant
my subjcts are physics chemistry maths
what sub i should choose for msc to help in ifs?

2nd January 2015, 06:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in M.Sc to apply for IFS being a B.Sc(PCM) 1st year student?

If you complete a Bachelor's Degree in any one of the following subjects then surely you will be eligible for IFS (Indian Forest Services) exam which is conducted along with the Civil Services Exam.

1. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
2. Botany
3. Chemistry
4. Geology
5. Mathematics
6. Physics
7. Statistics
8. Zoology
9. Agriculture
10. Forestry
11. Engineering

M.Sc qualification is not required for IFS exam and if you have done your Bachelor's degree in Physics, Chemistry and Maths then surely you will be eligible for this exam. Therefore, don't worry about your Master's degree and concentrate on your Bachelor degree.

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in/general/ifs.htm
3rd January 2015, 12:05 AM
Rahul9596

Default Re: What should I study in M.Sc to apply for IFS being a B.Sc(PCM) 1st year student?

As you are in only the first year of your graduate degree program, you can start your preparation now itself. Regarding your choice of subjects, you have already taken the first step towards your aim by choosing science subjects as your graduation subjects which is the minimum eligibility for this examination.

Your question esquires about the subjects in post graduation which will help you in cracking this difficult exam. you can go for honors in chemistry which will definitely help you. As you will surely study regarding environment in chemistry honors thus widening your knowledge and help your preparation for the IFS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?