25th September 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPS Exam being a Government School Teacher?

i am a govn. school teacher , i want to apply for IPS ....give me advise.
can i write.

Related Questions:
  1. Any opportunity available for job after passing M.A, BSc, B.Ed?
  2. Can I get a Teacher post in government sector if done PG Diploma in Educational Administration & Supervision?
  3. Can B.Ed. students apply for Primary Teacher posts in Government School of Delhi?
  4. Am I eligible to get government school teacher job based on B.Com and D.Ed course? -- [New]
  5. Whether B.Ed is necessary to become private school teacher B.Tech(CSE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam? Procedure to become Computer teacher in any private school?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for teacher in recognized school being a teacher in non affiliated CBSE school?
  7. Can I apply for physical education teacher in Delhi government school with 17 years experience in Government aided school?
  8. Eligibility criteria for government computer teacher in primary school and junior high school in UP? Is PGDCA holder eligible for computer teacher in government school?
  9. Is MBA graduates eligible to teach Accounts in High school?
  10. Can I apply for post graduate teacher post in Delhi Government School after passing B.A with 44%?
  11. Age limit to apply for Teacher post in Kerala Government School?
  12. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?
  13. How to become a PT Teacher in Government School?
  14. Can I apply to study B.Ed being a Upper Primary Government School Teacher since 20 years?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for teacher job in government school after completion of B.Ed?
  16. Can I apply for computer teacher in government school? I have completed BCA
  17. Age limit to apply for Teacher job in government school?
  18. Maximum age limit to apply for the position of Teacher in Government School after completion of B.Ed course? -- [Most Discussed]
25th September 2011, 01:59 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS Exam being a Government School Teacher?

Yes. You can appear for IPS Exam even though you are being a Government School Teacher.

Here is the eligibility criteria for IPS Exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for the final year of Graduation are also eligible for IPS Exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for IPS Exam.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST.

Only those candidates who have already appointed to some of the civil services like IAS and IFS are not eligible for IPS Exam. No problem at all for you. Prepare for CSAT Exam well and crack the exam.

For updated information on civil services exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
25th September 2011, 02:35 PM
saurabh abhijeet

yes, you can apply for IPS exam...

IPS exam is conducted by union public service commission every year
in the month of may/june.....

this exam is conducted in four steps;
1-prelims
2-mains
3-interview
4-physical test

eligibility for IPS exam

-age should have between 21-30 for general student, 33 for OBC
and 35 for SC/ST student..

qualification
-a candidate should have graduate fromaany recognised university
-a candidate as a appearing student can also applyfor the exam

number of attempts
- for general-4 attempts
- for OBC- 7 attempts
- for SC/ST- no limits

height and chest
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

for further details you can visit the officile website of UPSC;
www.upsc.gov.in

you can also see the attatchment for mor details
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips.docx(14.3 KB, 51 views)
25th September 2011, 03:35 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for IPS Exam being a Government School Teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a govn. school teacher , i want to apply for IPS ....give me advise.
can i write.

Eligibility for Civil Service Exams

According to the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) guidelines..the candidates must satisfy the following conditions in order to appear for the Civil Service Exams (IPS) :

1) You should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized college.

2) You should be within the age limit of 21 to 30 years for General Category,21 to 33 years for OBC and 21 to 35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permissible for the General Category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

There are 2 rounds :

1) Prelims : This round consists of 2 objective papers which will test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs

2) Mains : This round consists of one subjective paper which will test your knowledge of your graduation subjects..

If you clear both the rounds,you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

All the best..

Hope this helps

With Warm Regards
Nitz
28th September 2011, 07:23 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I apply for IPS Exam being a Government School Teacher?

hi dear,
Eligibility for Civil Service Exams

According to the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) guidelines..the candidates must satisfy the following conditions in order to appear for the Civil Service Exams (IPS) :

1) You should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized college.

2) You should be within the age limit of 21 to 30 years for General Category,21 to 33 years for OBC and 21 to 35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permissible for the General Category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

There are 2 rounds :

1) Prelims: This round consists of 2 objective papers which will test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs

2) Mains : This round consists of one subjective paper which will test your knowledge of your graduation subjects..

If you clear both the rounds,you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

All the best..

Hope this helps

With Warm Regards

~manoj~
4th February 2012, 02:05 PM
rehant gaikwad

hiiii
my name is rehant. i m student of school. i m in 7th std. i want to become an indian police services officer . pl s can u tell me hw can prepare for it .
4th February 2012, 02:08 PM
rehant gaikwad

Question hw can i prepare for being ips

hiiii
my name is rehant. i m student of school. i m in 7th std. i want to become an indian police services officer . pl s can u tell me hw can prepare for it .
14th March 2012, 11:23 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.you have appeared for the final year of Graduation are also eligible for IPS Exam.Age criteria you should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for IPS Exam.Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBCRelaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?