28th November 2015, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?

Hello I’m Vinti I had completed my MCA and currently working as a computer teacher in a CBSE board school and I want to ask that is it compulsory to do B.Ed. if I want to apply for PGT teacher in same school?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for teacher in recognized school being a teacher in non affiliated CBSE school?
  2. Can I apply for primary teacher after completing B.A, MCA, NTT 2nd year teacher training
  3. Can I apply for PGT teacher after doing MBA and B.Ed in person
  4. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  5. Eligibility to appear for PGT exam after completing PG with Political Science with 51% marks? Is B.ED compulsory for PGT?
  6. Maximum age limit for recruitment of PGT Teacher(Female) in government CBSE affiliated school?
  7. Can a PGT Maths teacher with professional qualification like CAIID and banking experience teach in class XI-XII Accountancy in CBSE affiliated school?
  8. Procedure to get transfer in CBSE affiliated school where skilled Biology teacher is available? Fee structure of the same school?
  9. Any opportunity available for job after passing M.A, BSc, B.Ed?
  10. Can I become a maths teacher in CBSE school after scoring 39% in degree in commerce, 53% in Mathematics and 64% in B.ed?
  11. Which jobs are available in Government sector for JBT Qualified students?
  12. Eligibility criteria to become PGT in Mathematics in CBSE Schools or in MP board school after B.E in Mechanical engineering?
  13. Minimum qualification needed for NET PGT exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is the procedure followed to become a KV school teacher?
  15. Which course should I join among MCA, M.Sc and B.Ed to become a Teacher?
  16. How can I apply for PGT exam after completing PG with MCA
  17. Is MBA graduates eligible to teach Accounts in High school?
  18. How to become a computer teacher in CBSE affiliated school after completing B.Tech IT? Is B.Ed a must?
28th November 2015, 11:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?

Yes, it is compulsory to have the B.Ed degree to appear for the CTET examination. CTET examination is conducted by the CBSE twice every year.

The examination is conducted for the recruitment of the teacher in the central government schools. The minimum eligibility criteria to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation and have the B.Ed degree.

So, you have to pursue the degree to appear for the examination and get the recruitment as teacher.
29th November 2015, 12:31 AM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school?

No it is not necessary to do B.Ed for PGT teacher in same School for a Computer teacher in that School.you can apply for PGT on the basis of MCA.You have a MCA Degree,it is sufficient for a PGT Teacher in any CBSE School for Computer Teacher.If you want to teach another subject then you have to do B.Ed for teaching the another Subject.

But as far as my knowledge is concern,if you want to study in the Same School on the post of PGT teacher,then it is not necessary to do the B.Ed.MCA would be sufficient for the PGT Teacher.
29th November 2015, 12:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello I’m Vinti I had completed my MCA and currently working as a computer teacher in a CBSE board school and I want to ask that is it compulsory to do B.Ed. if I want to apply for PGT teacher in same school?
Ye, B.Ed degree is essential for PGT teacher.

You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible PGT teacher but you must qualify in CTET exam.

If you have B.Ed degree then you can apply for CTET exam otherwise not.
29th November 2015, 01:48 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is very much compulsory to have completed your B.Ed from a reputed University to be able to apply for PGT teacher.

Therefore, I would ask you to kindly pursue your B.Ed first and then think of anything else in this regard.
29th November 2015, 08:50 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BEd is compulsory for TGT or PGT teacher.
Eligibility to do BEd:

1 Any candidate who have completed graduation can appear in the entrance test.
2. No age limit.
29th November 2015, 06:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get a permanent government job then B.Ed is very much required these days. Also, some of the schools in private sector have made it mandatory to have B.Ed for teachers.

Without B.Ed you might get some contractual or temporary teaching jobs but you will never become permanent. Hence, try to get admission in the course. If you are already working in a school then get admission in a distance mode B.Ed from IGNOU.
29th November 2015, 07:49 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No it is not compulsory it depends on you that either you will do it or not.
In private school they recruit teachers only if they require. So for getting a job of teacher in private CBSE school you have to give a demo class only. As if they satisfy with your teaching capabilities then they will recruit you easily.
30th November 2015, 01:37 AM
rituja mukherjee

Hello,

Now a days B.Ed has been made compulsory for all teaching jobs be it in private school or government school. In order to apply for CTET it is essential that you have completed B.Ed degree from any recognized university. This is the basic eligibility that has been set for CTET. So at this point of time if you wish to join a CBSE board school on a permanent basis you have to get B.Ed from any recognised university. Otherwise even if you clear the written exam, you will not be called for interview without B.ed degree.
26th September 2016, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to do B.ed after completing MCA to apply for Wb SSC teacher in wbssc school?
19th July 2017, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply maths or work education as a main subject for bed after completing MCA degree??
30th August 2017, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have B.Ed degree as I have passed MCA which is a technical line??
28th September 2017, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I have completed b.tech in IT. Is it compulsory to do b.ed degree for working in cbsc schools
5th July 2019, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a MBA, m.com. am I eligible for PGT accounts for cbse school?
31st July 2019, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I am working in a private school since 1994 as a computer teacher. now in year 2019 i have completed my b. ed. and I have MCA degree. is it necessary to give ctet/ otet exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?