24th September 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ISS or IES after MSc(Operations Research)? What is the scope of operations research?

can i apply for ISS or IES after M.S.c(Operations Research)?
what are the scope of OPERATIONS RESEARCH?

Related Questions:
  1. In which fields I can get Jobs after completion of M.Sc in Operations Research?
  2. Job Opportunities after completion of MBA in Operations Research?
  3. Gujarat Technological University MBA 2nd Sem-Research Methodology and operations Research Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam?
  5. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which stream in M.Tech has maximum scope for research?
  7. What are my career options after passing Chemistry Hons with 50%?
  8. Which are the top Biotech universities? Is there any entrance test?
  9. Simple topics in Mathematics/Operations research to do PhD?
  10. How to write research papers? How to select the topics of research?
  11. Guidelines to do Ph.D in Mathematics? How to choose the topic for this having interest to do Research in the areas of Statistics or Operations?
  12. Scope for M.Sc Biotechnology in research field in Industries? How can I enter into research?
  13. Syllabus, model question papers and study materials for Indian Statistical Service exam? -- [New]
  14. Current PhD topics in Operations Research?
  15. What is the scope in research and development department of different electronic companies(Foreign)? Should I do higher studies for that?
  16. JNTU, B.tech In Electronics and Control Engineering, Operations Research Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. VMOU M.A. in Education Research Methods in Education (MAED-03) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  18. What is the scope of joining clinical research short term course?
15th June 2015, 06:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for ISS or IES after MSc(Operations Research)? What is the scope of operations research?

IES stands for the Indian Economic Services and ISS stands for the Indian Statistical Services.

The entrance exam for IES or ISS is conducted by the UPSC every year. The eligibility criteria for the IES or ISS are as follows:

>>For Indian Economic Services, post graduation in economics or applied economics, business economics or econometrics.

>For Indian Statistical Services, post graduation in statistics or applied statistics or mathematics statistics.

Final year candidates of master's degree of above mentioned disciplines can also apply for the exam.

As you have done master's degree in operation research, you are not eligible for the IES/ISS exam.

Scope of Operation Research:

In the recent years, scope of operation research has increased to large extent in the following areas:

1. Agriculture.

2. Finance.

3. Industry.

4. Personnel Management.

5. Production Management.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?