7th March 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA being a candidate going to give 12th Class Exams?

im giving my class 12 exams..can i apply now for nda.

7th March 2012, 06:46 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA being a candidate going to give 12th Class Exams?

If you are a candidate of pursuing final year of 12th class and going to give your final exams, then you are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.

This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

Candidates can join in any of the following Defence services by cracking this Exam.
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

The selection procedure for this will be by
-Written Exam
-Interview
Later on, the candidate will also have to undergo a medical test.

Here is the required eligibility criteria that a candidate should possess to be eligible for this Exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute.
-In order to apply for Navy and Air Force wings, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th class are also eligible to give this Exam.

Age criteria :
-One should possess an age between 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this Exam.

As you are a candidate going to appear for 12th class exams, you can apply and appear for this exam.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th March 2012, 06:48 PM
Anushree111
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA being a candidate going to give 12th Class Exams?

NDA & NA Eligibility
Nationality
A candidate must either be :

(i) a citizen of India, or

(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or

(iii) a subject of Nepal, or

(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Educational Qualifications :
(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

SUCH CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY THE SSB INTERVIEW BUT COULD NOT PRODUCE MATRICULATION/10+2 OR EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL AT THE TIME OF SSB INTERVIEW SHOULD FORWARD THE CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH PHOTO COPIES THEREOF TO ‘ADDL DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, ARMY HQ, WEST BLOCK-III, R.K.PURAM, NEW DELHI-110 066′ AND FOR NAVAL ACADEMY CANDIDATES TO NAVAL ‘HEADQUARTERS,DMPR (OI& R) SECTION, ROOM NO 204, ‘C’ WING, SENA BHAWAN, NEW DELHI – 110 011′ BY 5th December, 2011 FAILING WHICH THEIR CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WHO HAVE PRODUCE THEIR MATRICULATION AND 10+2 PASS OR EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL AT THE TIME OF ATTENDING THE SSB INTERVIEW AND HAVE GOT THE SAME VERIFIED BY THE SSB AUTHORITIES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE SAME TO ARMY HQ OR NAVAL HQ AS THE CASE MAY BE. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/Photostat copies of such certificates will not be accepted.

In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.

Note 1 : Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.

Note 2 : Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 5th December 2011) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.

Note 3 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.

Note 4 : Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.

yes you will be allowed to apply according to the note2 in the above paragraph
7th March 2012, 08:49 PM
tejpal sharma47

yes why not?
7th March 2012, 09:06 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

NDA exam criteria :-

*Candidate pass 12th in science as math,physics,chemistry as a subject.
*Age- 16.5 to 19 years
*Age relaxation on the basis of Govt. Rules.

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

sO FOR THIS REASON YOU ARE
7th March 2012, 09:24 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NDA while in the final year of 12th standard.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army,Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good physical fitness.

The candidate having 12th without Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is only eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

The selection is through written test followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical test.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
8th March 2012, 01:38 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
After passing 12th you can join N.D.A...

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year..

The age limit to to join N.D.A exam is 16.5-19 year..

IMPORTANT DATES FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-05.05.2012
Last date of receipt of form:- 04.06.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-19.08.2012 (SUNDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
8th March 2012, 03:05 AM
er.skp.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear friend yes you can apply

1.) after completion of 12th

The required age limit that a candidate should possess to be eligible for NDA Exam is 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

There is no relaxation in upper age limit at all for the candidates of any category.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.

As per required academic qualification,
-One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream to be eligible for this Exam.

-But it is must that one should have gone through Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in 12th class to apply for Navy and Air Force wings.
This Exam will be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

This Entrance Exam will let the candidates to be placed in the following defence services
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

The selection procedure will be by
-Written Exam
-Interview

A successful completion of these 2 rounds will let the candidate to attend for Medical test
then you will recruited on all India merit base.

N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(II), 2012
DATE OF NOTIFICATION 05.05.2012
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS 04.06.2012(MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM19.08.2012 (SUNDAY)
DURATION OF EXAM.1 DAY
for more information log on to
www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck
8th March 2012, 12:25 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are going to appear in 12th class board exam and you want to apply for NDA exam..

Then you can apply for NDA exam if you fulfill the other eligibility criteria....

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:------------------------->>

*The candidate must have complete the 12th class from a recognized central or state education board or its equivalent course..
*A candidate, who is going to appear in 12th class board exam can also apply for the exam..
*Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.
*The candidate must be physically fit..
*The candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria one has to fulfill to appear in NDA exam.
So, you just be sure that your age is in between 16.5-19 years..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?