31st March 2012, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam if I was born on 15 April?

Sir, i am born on the 15th april. Can i still apply for nda exams. When can i do it.

2nd April 2012, 03:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam if I was born on 15 April?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am born on the 15th april. Can i still apply for nda exams. When can i do it.
The National Defense Academy Examination is conducted twice a year.
The examination conducted in the first half of the year is called NDA I Exam and the examination conducted in the second half is called NDA II Exam.

Now, for the year 2012, the age limit must be as follows:

For NDA I : Candidate must have born after 2nd January, 1994 and must not have born after 1st July, 1996.
However, the last date to apply for NDA 2012 has expired and candidate can no more apply for it. The examination is going to be held on 15.04.2012.

For NDA II : Candidate must have born after July 1994 and before January 1997.

The notification for the upcoming NDA II Exam has not been yet published.
The notification will be published on 05.05.2012.
The examination will be held on 19.08.2012.

For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
3rd April 2012, 08:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam if I was born on 15 April?

You have not mentioned in which year you were born. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC. You should be between 16.5-19 years to attend this exam. You can apply for this exam after completing 12th class or an equivalent qualification from any recognized institute. You should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subject during 12th class. If you get selected in the written exam, you will be called for a physical test and personal interview.
4th April 2012, 12:22 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Can I apply for NDA exam if I was born on 15 April?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

NDA - National Defence Academy

Sorry,my friend you haven't mentioned your statement clear i.e you have told the date and month on which you were born but not the year which is essential to tell whether you are eligible for the exam as regarding the age limit needed for the NDA Exam.

The criteria's for the exam are:

>> Candidate need to be a citizen of India

>> You need to be a unmarried male candidate in order to be eligible to apply for the NDA Exam.

>> The age limit needed for applying for the exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years i.e candidate should have should have born after 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st January 1996.

>> Education qualification needed by the candidate is that the candidate must have completed +2 for joining in Indian Army.

>> In the case of joining in Indian Navy or Air Force the candidate need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.

>> Candidate need to be physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam as it is a important standard.

If you are going to satisfy all the criteria's then you can apply for the NDA Exam.

You can get more information at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?