1st July 2012, 01:15 AM
manishankarias

Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?

I have passed M.Sc GEOGRAPHY with my Under Graduation is B.SC MATHEMATICS. Can I apply for NET exam in Geography subject/

2nd July 2012, 02:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishankarias View Post
I have passed M.Sc GEOGRAPHY with my Under Graduation is B.SC MATHEMATICS. Can I apply for NET exam in Geography subject/
Yes, If you have completed your Post graduate degree course in Geography then you can choose Geography subject in NET Examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks. Final year Post graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

This examination is conducted in June and December Every year. For this year June NET Examination was already completed. If you are Interested in this examination and if your aim is to become Lecturer in some best colleges, then please apply for December NET Examination.

You have to attained the age of 19 years to apply for this examination.

There is no Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship post, But for Junior Research fellowship Post your age should not be more than 28 years.

There are 3 papers in NET Examination and all are conducted in same day in 2 session, all three papers is objective. First paper is compulsory for all candidates and other 2 papers is from your subject you choose.

You have to fill the application form of NET Examination online only. So please wait for the Notification and then apply for December Examination and for more details check official website:

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
5th January 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?

HOW I DO PHD IN GEOGRAPHY WHILE I AM SCHOOL TEACHER IN ANDAMAN NICOBAR ISLAND MY AGE IS 40. I PASSED FIRST DIVISION IN GEOGRAPHY .I WANT PART TIME PHD HELP ME
4th October 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I complete B.Sc Information Technology and M.Sc., Geoinformatics can i apply NET exams for Earth science or geography ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?