28th June 2013, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam if I am 30 years old?

can i apply for net exam if my age is 30 years...please tell me the details

1st July 2013, 07:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam if I am 30 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission.This Exam is conduct twice time in a year in June and December month .

The Educational Qualification required for NET exam is masters degree .Your masters degree marks must be above 55% . 5% marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.

Age criteria for UGC NET Exam:-

i) Junior Research Fellowship :

Minimum Age : 21 Years.
Maximum Age : 28 Years.

Age relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / OBC .

ii) Lectureship : There is no upper age limit .

Your are age now 30 years old so you are applicable for LS post , You are not applicable for JRF post .If you are from SC / ST / PWD / OBC candidate then you are applicable NET JRF post also .

So you can apply in December session NET exam For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
2nd July 2013, 04:52 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for NET exam if I am 30 years old?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

This exam conducted by the University Grants Commission....

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1. Junior Research Fellowship
  2. Lectureship

your age now 30 years old so you are eligible for Lectureship and if you are from SC/ST /OBC /PWD then you are eligible for Junior Research Fellowship.....

A candidate who have completed their Master Degree in any Discipline with 55% marks are eligible for applying this Examination. for 5% marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category...

Final years students of master degree are also eligible for this exam...

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Podt age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

Age relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST category...

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

All the best....
2nd July 2013, 09:48 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NET exam if you are 30 years old and applying for Lectureship.

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC(University Grant Commission) for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks from a recognised University.

There is no restriction on upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but for those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
3rd July 2013, 02:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for UGC NET if you are 30 years old and have the qualification required for it which is a Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks.

For SC/ST/PWD 50% marks in Post Graduation will be enough to make them eligible for UGC NET.

If you belong to General Category then you will be only eligible for Lecturership through UGC NET.

For Junior Research Fellowship the maximum age for General category is 28 years and those who belong to reserved category will get age relaxation according to the Government rules.

Hence Apply for UGC NET there is no problem with your age as long as you have the essential qualification.

The examination will have 3 papers which will test your Research Aptitude and knowledge of your subjects. You must be very well prepared for this exam because only a limited number of candidates get qualified for Lecturership and JRF.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
3rd July 2013, 06:16 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It would depend on why are you applying for the National Eligibility Test. The exam is conducted for two purposes. First is Junior Research Fellowship and second reason is college lectureship.

Now what is your purpose. If its lectureship, then there are no issues. But if you are planning to apply for Junior Research Fellowship, then you can not apply if belongs to General. However OBC/SC/ST can apply due to age relaxation.

For lectureship there is no upper age limit. Therefore anyone who meets qualification criteria can apply. You just have to ensure that the degree is completed from UGC recognized college.

NET Eligibility

1. Nationality: Indian citizenship is required.

2. Education: At least a post graduation degree from UGC recognized college.

3. Marks: You must secure 55 percent marks.

4. Marks: 5% relaxation for SC/ST.

5. Subject: The subject for exam depends on the master degree of candidate.

6. Age Limit: Not more than 28 years for JRF.

7. Relaxation: up to 3 years for OBC.

8. Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST.

9. Lectureship: Lower age limit is 19 years.

10. Lectureship: No upper age limit.

11. Attempts: No limit

12. Final year students can also apply.

13. The requirement is to submit degree within 2 years of clearing NET.
3rd July 2013, 11:41 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
YES, you can apply for the UGC NET exams even if you are 30 years old

UGC Conducts NET Exam for:
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
Lecturership

Age Limit to apply for NET exams is:
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

Lectureship-No age limit

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?