1st August 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam after my PG? My age is 28 years old

sir my age is 28 i took ( M .com ) addition now after my P.G can i apply for net exam (age of 30.

4th August 2012, 06:38 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam after my PG? My age is 28 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir my age is 28 i took ( M .com ) addition now after my P.G can i apply for net exam (age of 30.
In order to take the National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grant Commission, one must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
  • Must possess a Masters Degree awarded by a recognized university.
  • Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category may take the test even by scoring 50% marks in the masters degree examination.
  • In order to apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), candidate must be within the maximum age limit of 28 years. There is no maximum age limit for candidates willing to take the test for lectureship and not for Junior Research Fellowship.
For more information, Click Here.
4th August 2012, 03:11 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NET exam after your PG at the age of 28 years provided you fulfil other eligibility criteria.

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST is an entrance exam conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with at least 55%(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to NET but the candidate applying for JRF should not be above 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
17th December 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

sir if my age is 27 and if my pg course percentage is 55 then can i apply for net exam
17th December 2012, 07:27 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for NET after completion of your Post Graduation and there is no upper age restriction for application to NET.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two times every year, one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% for ST/ST candidate)in any stream from a recognised University. The candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

17th December 2012, 07:33 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for NET after completion of your Post Graduation and there is no upper age restriction for application to NET.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two times every year, one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% for ST/ST candidate)in any stream from a recognised University. The candidate applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

17th December 2012, 08:34 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for NET exam after my PG? My age is 28 years old

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

For applying to the NET exam you should have PG degree with 55% aggregate.
For SC/ST castes there is cutoff % i.e 50% Aggregate in whole PG course

Since you are pursuing PG course.After successful completion of your pg degree you can sure apply for the NET exam.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my

profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath
17th December 2012, 09:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The UGC NET is conducted for Post Graduates for Lecturership and Junior Research Fellowships.

The age limit for UGC NET is as follows:

-For JRF age should be below 28 years.

-For Lecturership no age limit .

So you can apply for UGC NET but after qualifying UGC NET you will be only eligible for Lecturership.

Hence surely you can apply for UGC NET . There is no age limit for giving UGC NET exam.

So prepare well and crack UGC NET.

Make sure that you have atleast 50 % marks in Post Graduation from a recognised university.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
18th December 2012, 01:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Please do not worry about the age limit. If your intention is to apply for college lectureship then you should know that there is no upper age limit to apply for it. However if you want to apply for Junior Research Fellowship then I am afraid that is not possible.

Therefore feel free to apply if interested in college lectureship. The National Eligibility Test is conducted on yearly basi. The exam is conducted twice a year by the University Grants Commission. Apart from the age limit, you should also meet the percentage criteria to appear for the national eligibility Test.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Must have post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. At least 55 percent marks in PG.

4. The percentage requirement for SC/ST is 50 percent.

5. Final year students can also apply.

6. However they should submit their degrees within 2 years of clearing NET exam.

7. Your subject for NET exam would be Commerce.

8. There is no restriction on number of attempts.

Age Limit.

For JRF

General - 28 years

OBC - 31 years

SC/ST - 33 years.

There is no age limit for college lectureship.
18th December 2012, 02:39 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for NET exam after my PG? My age is 28 years old

Quote:

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted by UGC.

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1. Junior Research Fellowship
  2. Lectureship

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline are eligible for applying this Examination

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Podt age not Exist 28 years this exam.

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.

all the best...........
20th December 2012, 06:55 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but as per your present age as present educational qualification you are not eligible for the NET Examination.

First of all i just want to repeat that your present age is 26 years and you ar currently pursuing M.Com.

But the matter of fact is that to be eligible for the NET Examination , you must have completed your post graduation as your minimum educational qualification then you will be eligible for the NET Examination for Lecturership post as well as JRF post.

But after 2 years your age will be 28 years , so you will remain eligible only for Lecturership Post.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
25th December 2012, 05:29 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

NET
stands for National Eligibility Test.

NET Examination is conducted by the UGC twice every year in the months of june and december for the posts of JRF and Lecturers.

The required eligibility criteria for NET Exam are prescribed below:

* Educational Qualification:- Post-graduate from any recognised university with minimum 55% marks.

* Age:- 21-28 yrs for the post of JRF and there is no age limit for the lecturers.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?