20th February 2010, 08:14 PM
shilpa.p

Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?

Hi i am stii in 8th sem B.E......................
can i apply for for upcoming sbi P.O. exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply for SBI Bank PO? I am a B.Tech final year student in 8th standard
  2. Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?
  3. I am 8th sem b.tech student, can i appear in sbi bank po exam which is going to be held on 11th march 2010? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Eligibility for SBI Associates banks PO posts after securing 66% of marks till 7th semester of B.Tech and waiting for the 8th semester results?
  5. Where can I apply for ECE training in 8th semester?
  6. Multinational Companies which offer 6 months Training to B.Tech(ECE) 8th semester student? Procedure to apply?
  7. Eligibility for SBI and other bank jobs after education form distance University?
  8. Companies providing 6 months Industrial training for 8th semester?
  9. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Exam being a final year student of B.Sc in Maths if I my Graduation result is announced before the announcement of result of SBI Clerk Exam?
  10. How to apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  11. Can I apply for SBI bank clerk exam? I am a final year B.Com student
  12. Eligibility for recruitment in Software companies with 70.4% ,60.1% and 76.28% in B.Tech(8th semester), 12 and 10 standard respectively?
  13. Am I eligible to apply in UPPCL AE recruitment being a B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) 8th semester student?
  14. Which bank is good to apply for an education loan among State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur, State Bank Of Hyderabad, State Bank Of India and State Bank Of Mysore? -- [New]
  15. Are there any jobs after B.A with computer science?
  16. Procedure to apply and syllabus of GRE for B.Tech(Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering) 8th semester student?
  17. Can students of 8th semester of BE apply for KPSC Exam?
  18. When the next SBI PO exam will be held?
21st February 2010, 12:51 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?

hi

yes you can apply for the exam but you should have at least 55% aggregate in your garduation.
best of luck
21st February 2010, 01:19 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?

no, i am sorry dear you have to 1st pass your graduation exam and then only you can apply for it, because in it you have to submit your final year marks and in its eligibility rule it is also clearly mentioned .you can check it out for further details on the advertisement and the eligibility rules for SBI PO exam.. i hope you do..bye good luck...
21st February 2010, 07:33 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

no i think you dont apply for this sbi p.o. exams because in thos exam graduation should bre complete by 60% of above marks.
21st February 2010, 08:22 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

no my dear friend first you do your degree
then you apply for bank PO job....
good luck..
21st February 2010, 10:08 AM
Er.vibha

yes ofcourse!
u can apply for it?but plz check carefully the age creteria
21st February 2010, 05:43 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

yes,you can.
final year students are eligible to apply for this exam.
all the best
22nd February 2010, 09:46 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
for the bank p.o exam,
you have to wait for your results,
because for this post all documents are needed at the time of filling the application form,

o k
all the best.
22nd February 2010, 03:59 PM
sarita.lohiya25

yes you can apply for P.O. exam if you fulfill its basic conditions and there are:

1. completed graduation with 60% and 10+2 with 55%

2. Age should be 21-30
23rd February 2010, 11:35 AM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
for applying in PO exams you need to secure 60% marks at your graduation level and you haven't complete your graduation yet so i don't think you will be eligible for PO exams.
Pls check statebankofindia.com for further info.
23rd May 2010, 01:21 AM
drdo99
Banned

The only eligibility is to have a graduate degree in place to aaply for sbi p.o exam,nothing more is regarded.
Since,you are in 8th sem ,you will be appering candidate,and you can provide your result at call letter time. thanks
17th November 2010, 08:27 PM
lakveldi

ya sure you can able to attend bank exams. becoz results are came only after 6 months from the written date.so dont worry.
18th November 2010, 12:15 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Eligibility criteria for SBI bank PO exam is:

General Category & Others Category : 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or
in Diploma after Xth standardn AND 55% aggregate marks in Graduation.

SC / ST / PWD Category : 55% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard AND 50% aggregate marks in Graduation.

Sorry, you can not apply for SBI PO exam.
18th November 2010, 12:48 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa.p View Post
you can give PO exam but at the time of joining you must pass your graduation and you should have all documents in your hands at the time of joining.
so good luck for your exam.
18th November 2010, 07:45 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

you can attempt for the exam but by the time when the results of the bank exam is announced you even need to complete our graduation course.

so prepare well for both of your exams,since you need to submit your graduation certificates if at all your selected for the bank test.

all the best
18th November 2010, 10:37 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?

HELLO

Yes you can apply for SBI bank P.O exam after the completion of your engineering as the qualification for the bank P.O is graduation which is the minimum qualification for this exam. The details regarding this exam is given below which will be helpful for you.

Probationary Officer : Age limit – not above 26 yrs
Education - Graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or other institutions to be deemed as a University with 60% marks.
Payscale - Rs.10000 - 18240

GOOD LUCK
27th February 2011, 12:39 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI FRIEND,

yes you can apply for the exam but you should have at least 55% aggregate in your garduation.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

(1)Complete graduation with 55%
(2)Age limit-21 to 30 years

for more information please check the official website for the STATE BANK OF INDIA.

BEST WISHES FOR YOUR FUTURE......................
2nd March 2011, 10:10 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility Criteria for SBI Bank PO Exam:
•Candidate must be citizen of India.
•Candidate should have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
•Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
•Candidate must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age.
3rd March 2011, 03:29 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for SBI bank P.O. exam being an 8th semester B.E. student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa.p View Post
hello friend...

yes, you can apply by the time you get the result of the PO exam you will be having your graduation certificate in hand so no problem...just check out the eligibility criteria for SBI to apply....

Eligibility Criteria for SBI Bank PO Exam:

•Candidate must be a citizen of India.
•Candidates must have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate in class 12 and 55% aggregate in graduation from the recognized University to be eligible for this course. However, SC/ST candidates are given a relaxation of 5% both in class 12 as well as Graduation.
•Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
•Candidates must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age as on 28th February, 2011.

All the Best...
6th April 2011, 08:00 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for the post on the basis of the following conditions:

1) You have to show your degree of passing by the end of the time decided by the bank authorities.

2) You should have a minimum of 55% marks throughout your graduation (relaxation for SC/ST)

3) You should have a degree in computer from NIT's or other institutes.

4) Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
6th April 2011, 09:48 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible considering he following conditions:

1) You have to show your degree of passing by the end of the time decided by the bank authorities.

2) You should have a minimum of 55% marks throughout your graduation (relaxation for SC/ST)

3) You should have a degree in computer from NIT's or other institutes.

4) Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
17th April 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

i am in my last semeter of graduation which will complete in september 2011 can i sit for PNB bank clerk exam to be held in may or june?
please reply as early as possible
28th May 2011, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

I AM APPEARED MY 8TH SEMESTER EXAMINATION.AMI I ELIGIBLE FOR THE SBI PO EXAM 2011?
4th September 2011, 12:40 AM
sanju38121

Sorry, sir you can't apply for this test. The eligibility for this test is graduation with 60% marks.

So firstly clear your graduation then go for these exams.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?