12th November 2016, 11:52 AM
bharatbadashah

Can I become an Architect without having Maths as a subject in Intermediate?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th from K.V Vzm. I am weak in Maths so I was thinking that I will not choose Maths as a subject in my Intermediate but my friends say that it is not possible to pursue Architecture if I don't have Maths in class 12th. I want to know can I become an Architect without having Maths as a subject in Intermediate? Please answer as soon as possible.
K.Bharat Kumar

13th November 2016, 11:55 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become an Architect without having Maths as a subject in Intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbadashah View Post
Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th from K.V Vzm. I am weak in Maths so I was thinking that I will not choose Maths as a subject in my Intermediate but my friends say that it is not possible to pursue Architecture if I don't have Maths in class 12th. I want to know can I become an Architect without having Maths as a subject in Intermediate? Please answer as soon as possible.
K.Bharat Kumar
As per the norms in order to pursue an Architect course it is important that candidate must have passed 12th level of study with 50% from a recognized board having a subject : Maths and English as compulsory subject.

So, yes you need to have maths as a subject in the intermediate level of study in order to do the course of Architect.
13th November 2016, 05:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Architect without having Maths as a subject in Intermediate?

Being a Class 10th student and looking to be an architect in future you definitely need Mathematics as one of the subjects at your higher secondary school level. Also your aggregate in higher secondary level must be at least 50%.

Apart from this to get admission in good colleges like IIT, NIT and other CFTis you need to appear in JEE Paper II examination where as for other top colleges you will need to qualify NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ). For these examinations also your educational qualification must be as mentioned above.

For further details regarding these examination you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and www.nata.in.
13th November 2016, 08:17 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

B.Arch. or Bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate Architecture course. The duration of this course is five years. For Bachelor of Architecture course candidate must have passed 12th class with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized board with a minimum of 50%. The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of Entrance Examination. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to become an Architect without having Maths as a subject in Intermediate.
14th November 2016, 07:12 PM
princekainth2

To get into good colleges and get a legal and legit degree, you must have maths as your subject in class 12th.
Clearing the subject with more than 50% is must.

You can go on without a degree on your own, but you will have to go through training process by working under some experienced architect.

Most people will ask you for your degree and then hire you for work, so to be on safer side, degree is must.
15th November 2016, 10:15 AM
mahhiads

For admission in Architect College you should following eligibility:

1. 12th passed (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) with 50% percentage at least

2. Than appeared in Entrance Exam like JEE, NATA

3. After qualifying that exam you will got good college like IIT, NIT

That means if you will not take Maths as subjects in Intermediate than you are not eligible to become Architect. And you want become Architect so take Maths Subject in Intermediate.
15th November 2016, 05:03 PM
alokpati1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbadashah View Post
K.Bharat Kumar
Dear,
I am sorry to inform you that with out having math at intermediate level one can not peruse Btech in architecture . Mathematics as one of the subject at intermediate level is compulsory to be eligible for that.

Thanks.
3rd February 2019, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I am in Gd Goenka public school kanpur class 11 and I am from commerce stream without maths can I become architect without maths if not please tell some other way to study architect
7th July 2020, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying at KV and I was unable to take maths due to my poor results in maths in class 10
But Sir everybody says that my Drawings skills are quite good Sir please tell us a way if we get a way to become Arcitech or anything related to drawing .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?