21st May 2017, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a dentist after doing 12th with commerce? Is there any provision available to do BDS?

I wanted to become a dentist but i have passed my 12th standard with commerce with maths stream, so is there any kind of provision that i should do my graduation with BDS stream

22nd May 2017, 11:29 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a dentist after doing 12th with commerce? Is there any provision available to do BDS?

Let me tell you that being commerce student you are not eligible to join BDS course because to become dentist a candidate must have passed 12th standard with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and he or she has to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by CBSE every year.
But you need not to worry because in commerce stream you will have lot of opportunities like CA, banking manager, clerical post, lecturer.
You should not think about that which is not possible because being commerce student you can't become doctor that is dentist.
22nd May 2017, 11:46 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a dentist after doing 12th with commerce? Is there any provision available to do BDS?

Minimum qualification required to be dentist:

To be a dentist aspirants must have passed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

Students of any other stream are not eligible to become dentist. As you have passed your 10 + 2 with commerce stream so you cannot join the course to become dentist.
22nd May 2017, 01:07 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wanted to become a dentist but i have passed my 12th standard with commerce with maths stream, so is there any kind of provision that i should do my graduation with BDS stream
No its not possible to do BDS or Bachelor in Dental Science, because it needs PCB as the minimum eligibility to appear in the medical exam NEET and hence you lack it, so you can't become a dentist. Why not explore in the field of commerce, there are many opportunities available at your disposal like Accountant, Auditor, Marketing, HR, IT Consultant, etc

Hope the above information helped you, for further reference do let us know.
22nd May 2017, 02:36 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in BDS because for joining in BDS.
You need to complete 10+2 in BiPC or any equivalent course having biology, physics and chemistry as their main subjects.
You need to clear the 10+2 with minimum 60%.
After that you need to attend the entrance exams like EAMCET, NEET or any entrance exams conducted by the colleges.
Since you are from commerce background you cannot apply for the BDS and you cannot attend the entrance exams.
It's better if you choose any graduation course which will be suitable for commerce background like CA, CWA etc.
22nd May 2017, 06:25 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should have completed 12th class with Science stream in order to become a Dentist by pursuing BDS course.

I am not sure of the reason why you have selected Commerce group in 12th class.

There are 2 options for you now.

Either you have to continue in Commerce stream by opting for CA or LLB or any other Graduation course.

The other way is to study the 12th class again with Science stream. But due to this, your 2 years of academic career will go waste.

But you can choose this option if you are very much interested to become a Dentist or General Surgeon.

You can opt for 12th class with Science stream and start preparing for the Medical Entrance Exams from the very beginning of your 12th class.

Ensure you will get very good rank in the Medical Entrance Exam the first attempt itself.

Because I have seen many people who didn't get good rank in the Entrance Exam and took long term coaching again for the entire year.

Ensure you don't face this situation as you have already lost 2 years by 10+2 in Commerce stream.
22nd May 2017, 08:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be a dentist you need to have pursued BDS ( Bachelor of Dental Science ) degree course and for pursuing the same degree course the minimum educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree with PCB group with at least 50% from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with Commerce stream you are not eligible for pursuing BDS degree and hence becoming a dentist unless you once reappear in your Class 12th with PCB group.

Further for pursuing BDS degree course from top medical college of India you need to appear and qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) held by CBSE. For details regarding the same examination you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
22nd May 2017, 10:33 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for BDS after completion of your intermediate in commerce stream. To get admission in BDS course candidates should have qualified NEET exam. Candidates who have completed their intermediate in PCB group from a recognized board are eligible for this exam. Thanks
22nd May 2017, 11:26 PM
rachamallamanoj

Sorry to tell you can't become a dentist after completing 12th with commerce.
To become a dentist you must pass 12th biology stream.

The basic eligibility to become a dentist is
1. You must pass 12th PCB course from a recognised board by the government of india or state government.
2. The age limit to do the course is 17 - 25 years.
3. You must get atleast 60% marks in 12th.

There is a pre medical test i.e., medical entrance exam which must be passed to get admission in the Dental course (BDS)
24th February 2019, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I am studying inter bi.p.c which exam which must be passed to get admission in the dental course plz answer my questions
25th February 2019, 01:16 AM
sajid98

Post Re: Can I become a dentist after doing 12th with commerce? Is there any provision available to do BDS?

No you are not eligible for dentist to be B.D.S dentist students must be 10+2 with physics chemistry and biology and have to qualify neet exam
4th July 2019, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student .can I go in science stream in class twelve.
1st October 2019, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Bca graduate can do BDS without biology in 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?