20th January 2016, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for applying BDS Dentist in any dental college after 12th from NIOS board?

Sir if I passed my class 12th from NIOS board then can I apply BDS (dentist) in any dental college? I am looking for a quick response from your side.

20th January 2016, 10:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for applying BDS Dentist in any dental college after 12th from NIOS board?

To get admission in top dental college in India you need to appear in Medical Entrance test known as AIPMT that is conducted by CBSE every year.

Eligibility criteria to appear in AIPMT:

Applicants must have done 12th from recognized university with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.

Age limit should be in between 17-25 years and relaxation is provided in upper age limit to reserved categories as per rules.
20th January 2016, 10:54 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for applying BDS Dentist in any dental college after 12th from NIOS board?

Yss, you are eligible to pursue BDS course after passing class 12 from NIOS board.

As NIOS board is valid and recognized by government of India, after passing class 12 from NIOS, the candidates can apply for government and state entrance examination to pursue further studies.

As it is a recognized board of education and it is equivalent with the other national and state education boards. So, you can apply for BDS admission having NIOS pass certificate.
20th January 2016, 11:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir if I passed my class 12th from NIOS board then can I apply BDS (dentist) in any dental college? I am looking for a quick response from your side.
Yes, NIOS students are eligible for BDS course.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for BDS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.
21st January 2016, 01:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognized qualification and you can surely apply for dental entrance exam with this certificate. Just make sure that you have passed your class 12th with PCB stream with 50% marks.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam through counselling. Just try to perform well in the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?