7th August 2011, 03:04 PM
nutan gharat

Procedure to work as a licences Dentist in USA? How to proceed to get a job there?

i am in final year bds from india. i want to work as a lincened dentist in USA. plz tell me about the procedure? do i need to give any exam over there for working there as a dentist ? how will i proceed to get job over there?

22nd January 2013, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to work as a licences Dentist in USA? How to proceed to get a job there?

I am a dentist in India BDS having 12 years of experience. . I want to practice or work in UAE as Dentist. Can i work/practice withot exam. If exams then where i have to give the exams India or UAE. What is Syllabus.. pls reply email: [email protected]
22nd January 2013, 06:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to work as a licences Dentist in USA? How to proceed to get a job there?

You will not only have to give written tests but clear an entire course before you can practice in United States as a dentist. Unfortunately BDS degree holder from India is not allowed by the American Dental Association to practice.

Although American Dental Association do recognize the degree as regionally accredited university degree. It is not enough to practice in United States. This rule is not just for Indians, but anyone who has not completed the course in United States.

Which means that you will have to do DDS course. This course is 4 years long but under the Advanced Standing Program for Foreign Students, you will get admission in the second year of the course. Only after clearing the course, you can practice in United States.

I should warn you that this course will easily cost around $90,000 to $100,000. You may not be able to afford this amount. In such case you will have to take bank loan. For that you will require a Green Card Holder friend or family member to be your co-signer.

This loan will also cover your living expenses and you will have to start repayment 6 to 9 months after completing the course. I should tell you that average annual income of DDS degree holder is $300,000. So you won't have much trouble repaying the loan.

Procedure to apply for DDS

1. You must have BDS or MDS degree.

2. Next step would be to get done the Transcript Evaluation. It will cost somewhere between $85 to $165.

3. Next you will have to appear for National Dental Board Examination (NBDE) Part 1 examination. This exam is conducted in USA and Canada only. Therefore you will have to fly to America. The admission fee for exam is $265.

4. You can visit United States through travel visa B1/B2 to appear for the exam.

5. Must obtain at least 85 percent marks in the NBDE exam. Otherwise you can reappear after 90 days.

6. After NBDE you will have to appear for TOEFL. You can give this exam in India. The cost is $170 for the exam.

7. Now you can send applications for admission in US universities for DDS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?