21st April 2018, 10:19 PM
Harsha Kt

Can I become an Embryologist? What is the basic education requirements for it?

I have completed my degree course of B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) and now I want to do Embryology course and want to become an Embryologist. Is it possible? Am I eligible with current education?

24th May 2018, 11:36 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become an Embryologist? What is the basic education requirements for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Kt View Post
I have completed my degree course of B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) and now I want to do Embryology course and want to become an Embryologist. Is it possible? Am I eligible with current education?
Embryologist is basically the study of life and the science of reproduction. It is basically, the branch of biology that studies the prenatal development of fertilization, and development of embryos and fetuses.

In order to do the course in Embryology, candidate needs to complete bachelor's degree in biology or bio medicine and also needs to complete master degree in reproductive science or its equivalent. Then they can apply for the certificate course which is of duration for 1 year, which help the aspirant to acquire more skill in a related course.

Based on your educational qualification, you may apply to the course of Embryologist in India. Here are the list of colleges where you can study the Clinical Embryology course:

- Manipal university

- Institute of Clinical Research, Hyderabad

- Focus Institute of Clinical Research, Bangalore

- Kasturba Medical College

- International Institute of Reproduction and Fertility Training, New Delhi

- Amity University, Noida
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?