21st May 2012, 08:01 PM
anushapabolu

Can I become income tax officer after completing CA IPCC?

can i become income tax officer after completing ca-ipcc...please tell me if i can get

23rd May 2012, 08:36 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become income tax officer after completing CA IPCC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushapabolu View Post
can i become income tax officer after completing ca-ipcc...please tell me if i can get
In order to become Income Tax Officer, holding a bachelors degree or equivalent qualification is mandatory as per the guidelines of Staff Selection Commission. The commission is responsible for conducting written examination for candidates willing to join Income Tax department as an officer. The examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission for the same is known as Combined Graduate Level Examination.

Now, Integrated Professional Competence course is not considered equivalent to bachelors degree program. So, if want to be considered eligible on the basis of chartered accountancy course, you will have to complete the course along with the necessary articled and other compulsory training prescribed by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Apart from that, to be eligible for the entrance examination, you will need to be within the age limit of 18-27 years.

For further information, you should refer to the official website of Staff Selection Commission.

30th May 2012, 05:11 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear,
No,there is no any such provision are there for CA to directly appoint as a Income tax officers.
If you want to get job in a Income tax department Then there are some of the different procedure which are as follows:

-->>There is a provision from which you will get job as an INcome tax Inspector.

-->>To give SSC graduation level test to become an Income tax Inspector and after internal promotion,you will be the ITO.

-->>Minimum qualification for this test is graduation in any stream.

-->>There is no percentage required for this post.

-->>Minimum age of a candidate should be 21 years.

There is also a procedure in which you can directly appoint as a additional commissioner of income tax but passing the IRS exam.the exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

All the best.......................

18th June 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

are there any coaching centers in pune for income tax officer entrance exam?

26th June 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

after completing ca and b.com both can i become an income tex officer?

18th December 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

is ca-ipcc considered equivalent to graduation???????????

21st June 2014, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

i am a b.com graduate and i have plan of doing CA.. i came to know from my friend that since i have completed my b.com i can enter IPCC directly rather than doing CPT.
To do IPCC directly should i do my group 1 and article ship together?? is it true as per the new rule???

2nd March 2017, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an income tax officer after completion of bcom and IPCC group 1

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?