29th January 2022, 09:17 PM
parvathy9447

Can I become a Nurse after taking Commerce or Computer stream?

Hi, I want to know about after taking commerce or computer science stream. How can i become a nurse ?

30th January 2022, 02:02 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Nurse after taking Commerce or Computer stream?

After completing class 10+2 in any stream, you are eligible to apply for the B.Sc. Nursing course.
30th January 2022, 02:28 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can be a Nurse. Candidates who have taken Arts or Commerce stream in 12 classes can also be admitted in nursing courses like ANM, GNM. The eligibility criteria for Nursing Course is that class 12 with a minimum 40 to 50 per cent in aggregate with arts, commerce, science streams.
30th January 2022, 02:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

To pursue B.Sc Nursing course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to pursue nursing course after completion in commerce stream.
30th January 2022, 04:39 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do so .
Aspirants can persue a rewarding profession in nursing.
ANM and GNM diploma programmes are available to students who have finished their class 12 exam with arts or commerce or any other.
Admission to the nursing programme is based on entrance exam as well as merit.
For ANM nursing diploma , they must have passed 12th from any stream.
For GNM diploma , must have passed 12th with english and must have secured 40% in aggregate and in english individually from any recognised board.
30th January 2022, 04:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to pursue BSc nursing course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in physics, chemistry and biology as main paper.
The required aggregate varies with institutions.
So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to get admission in nursing course.
30th January 2022, 05:13 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes after taking commerce you can become a Nurse.
Eligibility to become a Nurse is, you must have 12th passed in any stream like Arts, Science and Commerce with minimum 50%marks.
30th January 2022, 05:16 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Even after finishing class 12 with Arts or Commerce streams, aspirants can pursue a rewarding profession in nursing. Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM) and General Nursing Midwife (GNM) diploma programmes are available to students who have finished their class 12 examinations with Arts and Commerce streams.
30th January 2022, 10:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate are eligible to pursue B.Sc Nursing course.

The admission procedure varies with institutions. So, candidates with commerce stream are not eligible to pursue the course.
31st January 2022, 02:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° After completing 12th with commerce or computer science, you can not opt for BSc nursing course because the minimum educational qualification required for this course after 12th is Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board but you can go for GNM course.
General nursing and midwifery is a diploma course of duration 3 and half years and this can be pursued by candidates who have completed their 12th in any discipline from a recognised board and after that you can take admission in post basic nursing course and that will be equivalent to a degree course.
31st January 2022, 02:30 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become a Nurse after taking Commerce or Computer stream. The minimum qualification required is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream Arts, Commerce, or Science stream with a minimum score of 40% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. You can pursue a diploma course for Auxilliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) or General Nursing Midwife (GNM) and do the registration with the relevant state nursing council as a registered ANM or GNM and work as a nurse in hospitals and other healthcare settings.
31st January 2022, 03:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th with commerce stream are not eligible to pursue nursing course.

The minimum required educational qualification is 12th with PCB as main paper. So, you are not eligible to pursue nursing course.
31st January 2022, 05:05 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

To become Nurse i.e; B.Sc. in Nursing course, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with Commerce or Computer stream, you are not eligible to pursue degree course in Nursing unless your academics include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects.
31st January 2022, 05:59 PM
Sheembaa

:- No,only science stream Candidate eligible for Nurse study.
31st January 2022, 06:04 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

No,if you want to become a Nurse then you have to pass your 12th standard With Science Stream.
31st January 2022, 07:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- One cannot become a nurse after taking commerce or computer science in 11th and 12th standards because in order to become a nurse why should have completed 12th with medical stream from a recognised board.
And if it is not possible for you to complete your 12th with medical stream then you can opt for the diploma course known as General nursing and midwifery that can be pursued by anybody of any discipline.
31st January 2022, 08:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

In order to become Nurse, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree in Science in Nursing. The eligibility criteria for B.Sc Nursing is:

1. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 12th along with English subject.

2. Minimum of 45% marks in 12th is required.

You can not become Nurse or go for Nursing course without studying biology in senior secondary board education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?