22nd July 2016, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Surgeon after completion of Bachelor of Physiotherapy?

I am studying Bachelor of Physiotherapy. After my Bachelor's Degree I want to become a Surgeon. I would like to know that can I become a Surgeon after completing my Bachelor of Physiotherapy? Please tell me asap.

26th July 2016, 11:37 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Surgeon after completion of Bachelor of Physiotherapy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying Bachelor of Physiotherapy. After my Bachelor's Degree I want to become a Surgeon. I would like to know that can I become a Surgeon after completing my Bachelor of Physiotherapy? Please tell me asap.
No, after completing Bachelor of Physiotherapy course you are not eligible to become a surgeon.

To become a surgeon you need to pursue MBBS first from a good college. You need to have physics, chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level to pursue MBBS. To get a good college you have to sit for medical entrance exams like AIIMS MBBS, AIPMT, BHU PMT and other such medical college to get a reputed college with good faculty members. After After completion of MBBS Degree course and internship, you can do MD and choose a specialization subject of your choice. MD or Doctor Medicine lasts for three years.

Some of the various available specializations you can apply for:-
  • Ophthalmic
  • Orthopaedic
  • Cardiothoracic
  • General surgery
  • Gynecologic oncology
  • Pediatric
  • Urology
  • Gynecology and obstetrics
  • Neurological
  • Oral and maxillofacial
  • Colon and rectal
Top MBBS Entrance Exams:-
  • AIIMS Entrance Examination
  • MH CET
  • AIPMT
  • CMC CET
  • COMEDK UGET
  • DPMT
  • BHU PMT
Top MBBS Colleges in India:-
  • All India Institute of Medical Sciences
  • Christian Medical College
  • Armed Forces Medical College
  • JIPMER College, Puducherry.
  • Maulana Azad Medical College
  • Lady Hardinge Medical College
  • Madras Medical College, Chennai
4th August 2017, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become a Surgeon after completion of Bachelor of Physiotherapy?

Hello sir, I want to know can a physiotherapist doctor giving medicines for a patient or not and is it better course for a student?
21st February 2018, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bachelor of physiotherapy now I want to do any other course or diploma course related to medicine, is it possible or not? If it is possible than tell me which course can I do now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?