13th May 2012, 01:02 AM

Can I change my subject to Geography in PG after doing graduation with PCM subjects?

can i change my subject to geography in post-graduation after doing graduation with subjects physics, chemistry, maths

Related Questions:
  1. How to do graduation with Geography as an extra subject?
  2. Which subjects will be good to change stream from Science at graduation level?
  3. How to take Geography as optional subject for WBCS exam
  4. How can I change my subject combination to PCB if failed in 12th PCM? -- [New]
  5. Which subjects should I choose for BA course having interest in Geography, Maths and History?
  6. After scoring 50.4% marks in graduation with honors subject as Geography and Optional Subjects as Political Science and Economics can I get admission in Masters Degree in any Indian University?
  7. Should I change my main subject to additional subject or leave that main subject?
  8. Is it necessary to have Geography subject paper in class 12th if I want to do Graduation in Geography majors?
  9. Can I do MSc in Geography after completing graduation in Geography?
  10. How should I face the IAS entrance exam?
  11. How to pursue MA Geography after doing graduation in geography
  12. Subjects required for graduation in Geography at Calcutta University?
  13. Can I get admission in regular masters degree in Geography or GIS in any university after scoring 50.4%?
  14. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  15. Can I apply for job or continue higher studies after completing Graduation in Geography subject?
  16. Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?
  17. Can I apply for NET exam in Geography Subject after passing MSc Geography?
  18. What I have to choose in 11th for bright career having no interest to join Biology an being an average student in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
30th October 2012, 06:58 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I change my subject to Geography in PG after doing graduation with PCM subjects?

Hello,
My answer to you is a big NO. You could have done this, when you had gone for your graduation study after your 12th standard education. Then you could have easily switched to a Geography honors graduation. In many institutes there is even a Geography B.Sc. degree. So you could have got a science graduation also. Now after core science graduation, you have to go for M.Sc. in your specialization subject only.
The only other option that you have is to go for a graduation in Geography. Then only you could go for M.Sc. in Geography. I hope I could give you a clear picture.
2nd April 2013, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I change my subject to Geography in PG after doing graduation with PCM subjects?

can i do a masters in sociology after doing ba in pol sc?
1st August 2013, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyshreenath View Post
Hello,
My answer to you is a big NO. You could have done this, when you had gone for your graduation study after your 12th standard education. Then you could have easily switched to a Geography honors graduation. In many institutes there is even a Geography B.Sc. degree. So you could have got a science graduation also. Now after core science graduation, you have to go for M.Sc. in your specialization subject only.
The only other option that you have is to go for a graduation in Geography. Then only you could go for M.Sc. in Geography. I hope I could give you a clear picture.
Wrong. Most PG courses are very flexible when it comes to eligibility criteria, so that should not be an issue.
what you should do is study hard for the entrance exams and ace them.
22nd November 2015, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation from economics now I want to change my subject in PG as history ,can I do this???
11th December 2016, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my subject to political science in PG after doing graduation with Geography subjects ?
10th May 2017, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

I am from humanities.. and I really want to change my subject from hindi honours to political science for post graduation
26th August 2017, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir; I have completed my graduation BSC correspondence from IGNOU WITH subjects physics chemistry and maths. After that I want to switch to Geography in post graduation. I contacted Kurukshetra University Haryana for MSC Geography but they told me I am ineligible as I was not having geography subject at graduation level. I express my willingness to take admission in B.A. with Geography but then also University refused and said you can't do B.A also because you are already graduate. Now I become helpless. Please guide.
27th August 2017, 03:11 AM
cataleya11

No, it is not possible to change your subject in PG level. If you intend to do PG course you have to choose a subject from your UG course level.

Those who want to study PG degree in Geography should score a minimum aggregate of 50% in UG level with Geography as one of the main subjects in graduation. Thus candidates who have not studied Geography in graduation level are not eligible to apply for Geography masters.

As you have done graduation with PCM you can apply for master degree in any of the PCM subjects. You also need to qualify the minimum eligibility conditions set by the university you wish to apply. A minimum score of 50% is mandatory to score in the subject you intend to apply for UG level.

Good Luck.
8th October 2019, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Vksu Ara se msc me admission lete wakt honours subject change ho Sakta he?
28th March 2020, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my subject in pg course, I have done graduation with zoology but I want to do pg with chemistry I do
21st November 2020, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

I am provisionally admitted to Ba hons course with ancient history art and culture as honors subject with geography and English as other two subject but I want to do pg in geography.am I eligible for that ..??
29th November 2020, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my subject to regional language fir PG after doing graduation from geography subject
18th January 2021, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Can in change my subject to chemistry in msc after doing ug with geology cs and maths
7th March 2021, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Can i change my subject to psychology in PG after Doing graduation with history?
19th March 2021, 06:20 AM
Unregistered

Can i change my honor subject in MA after admission sanskrit to english
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?