6th January 2011, 08:16 PM
nandan12

Can I do M.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Can I do M.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

6th February 2011, 12:27 AM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

yes you can. Apply to the IIT's Mechanical engineerign has been listed in the minimum eligibility criteria.
however you must take note that you must have 60 % minimum in graduation (engg)
to be eligible to be considered.(for sc/st 55%)
Have a look at the IITB notification attached here.
The same holds true for all the IITs
visit their respective sites.www.aero.iitb.ac.in/
www.iitm.ac.in/aedept
you can navigate to sites of other IITs from links in any IIts site.
wishes
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M.Tech AeronauticalIITB.pdf(242.6 KB, 76 views)
6th February 2011, 01:11 AM
Indrendu

Thumbs up Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, u can do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering even if u have done your B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. But to be honest u have to give and get selected for the post graduate degree by giving the respective exams like "GATE" etc. Also u need to be fully prepared for the questions based on the Aeronautical Engineering because the questions will be purely asked on that subject of Aeronautics which u have to answer in the exam.There u might be in trouble while answering the questions since u have done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and not in Aeronautical Engineering.For this reason u need to be absolutely well brushed up for the M.Tech exam on your desired subject ie,Aeronautical Engineering.So start preparing harded,press the accelerator and good luck for your exam and remember, base knowledge is the most important ands since u have done B.Tech in a subject which is the core of Aeronautical Engineering so i'm confident that u will be through.
6th February 2011, 01:03 PM
benz

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Dear friend

Yes you can do M.Tech in aeronautical engineering even if you are a mechanical engineer from a few colleges.But you will have to qualify the entrance exam with aeronautical engineering as prime paper.If you manage to get a good GATE score with AE(Aeronautical engineering) as subject you may get admission in M.Tech in some IITs and NITs even with mechanical background.

You can visit the following page of IIT Madras site to get some idea-

apm.iitm.ac.in/acad_table.html

Thank you
6th February 2011, 01:41 PM
karthikeyan 666

you are 100% eligible for to do M.Tech aero but you should choose right place for to do your M.Tech the institutions like IIT, Bits etc are good choice for M.E aerospace ..
6th February 2011, 03:31 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandan12 View Post
Dear Friend;
Greeting for the day;

Yes,you can do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering .

The Main Eligiblity Criteria is:-
Undergraduate degree (BE/B.Tech) in Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil Engineering and Naval Architecture are eligible to apply for M.Tech. course in Aerospace Engineering.
Candidates having First class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in Bachelor's degree ( B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent) in Aeronautical / Aerospace are eligible for admission to any of the specializations (AE 1, AE 3 & AE 4) with valid GATE score in any discipline.

There is a list of college which offering M.tech in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering:-

IIT, Mumbai
IIT, Chennai
IIT, Kharagpur
IIT, Kanpur
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore

All the Best
Thanks
6th February 2011, 05:52 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Yes, you can do M.Tech. [Aeronautical Engineering] after B.Tech. [Mechanical Engineering].
7th February 2011, 09:40 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

Yes you can do M.Tech in aeronautical engineering after B.Tech in mechanical engineering as you have the list of options to be taken for M.Tech.You can choose the course of your interest while going for M.Tech.

Best wishes.
7th February 2011, 10:21 AM
khaleelshaik

Quote:
surely..! friend
people with mechanical engineering background can do their M.tech in aeronautical engineering..
....u better appear for gate..if u get a seat in any IITs,NITs...ur future will be colorful..

khaleel shaik
B.Tech( final year)
[email protected]
7th February 2011, 04:16 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

HI...
yeah you can do M.tech in aeronautical engineering even if you have don graduation in mechanical engineering ,but for that you have to qualify the GATE exam for aeronautical engineering ,you can take coaching and then write ,at least you may have some chances to qualify the exam,if you don't qualify the exam you can not do m.tech in aeronautical engineering ,also let me inform you that its better to do m.tech from good colleges like iits for which you have to do really well in the gate exam because the cut off scores are very high for iits
all the best
23rd February 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

i have appeared for gate 2011 from mechanial stream and i have chances of getting marks between 37-40, can i apply in iit's for m.tech in aeronautical engg.
19th March 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am a final yr electrical and electronics engg student .i have a gate percentile of 75.14.Am i eligible to study aeronautical engg in any iit's or nit's or any good private universities?
20th March 2011, 11:46 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
yes ofcorse u can choose or can write entrance eaxm 4 abv and can get admission
6th May 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

where i can do mech engg degree after btech in naval architrecture
27th May 2011, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

can I do M.tech In Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering
12th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

can i do m.tech in aeronautical engineering after b.tech in computer science??
20th July 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

can i do m. tech in aerospace engineering after b.tech in computer science?
22nd July 2011, 11:04 PM
k.a.s.raghava

you can do their is no restrictions to do M.TECH in any departments
by doing P.G course it will be very helpful to your future because you can get a high pay.
by doing P.G in IIT you can have a good future
by doing m.tech in the same stream it will be better to you
24th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Ashishkrgautam

Smile Re: Can I do M.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes,you can. But you have to give GATE exam. For this exam you have minimum of 60% in your B.Tech.(General) or 55% if you are in sc or st category.
25th September 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

can i write both mechanical and aeronautical gate in the same year????????
6th October 2011, 02:56 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi yes you can do eeronautical engineering course after completing 10th from the following colleges in india:-
Murugappa Polytechnic College bangalore
Adhiparasakthi Polytechnic College Kanchipuram
Balsore School of Engineering Balasore
Institute of Textile Technology, Choudwar ( ITT Choudwar) Choudwar
SCM Air Technical Training Kolkata
Chandigarh College Of Engineering & Technology ( CCET ) Chandigarh
Ananda Marga Polytechnic Kolar
Global Institute of Biotechnology Hyderabad
Balsore School of Engineering Balasore
Ananda Marga Polytechnic Kolar
Institute of Textile Technology, Choudwar ( ITT Choudwar) Choudwar
Adhiparasakthi Polytechnic College Kanchipuram
Institute of Textile Technology, Choudwar
Choudwar Adhiparasakthi Polytechnic College Kanchipuram
29th February 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

how is doing m.tech in aerospace different from doing ms in aerospace? which of them is better?
can i plan to study aerospace after my BE in computer science?
15th April 2012, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i am BE in mechanical engineering , i would like to do mtech in aerospace , so i have to take gate exam in mechanical or aerospace as discipline
22nd June 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.tech in mechanical engg from one of the deemed universities .
i think i can write gate exam with this degree
22nd June 2012, 11:15 PM
guruvana244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my b.tech in mechanical engg from one of the deemed universities .
i think i can write gate exam with this degree
There are numerous colleges in our country that provides interested students with Masters Course in Aeronautical Engineering. A list of a few of those colleges is provided below.

M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Eastern India
  • Bihar Institute of Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna
M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Western India
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
  • Institute of Information Technology & Management’s Aeronautical Engineering Training Academy
  • Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth University
  • Sanjay Education Society’s College of Engineering Polytechnic
M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Northern India
  • Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
  • Institute of Aviation Technology
  • National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
  • Punjab Engineering College
  • School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi
  • M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Southern India
  • Hindustan Electronics Academy, Bangalore
  • Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
  • Madras Institute of Technology
  • Mohammad Sathak Engineering College
  • Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore
  • Park College of Engineering and Technology
  • Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology
  • VSM Aerospace Academy of Aerospace and Engineering
M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in Central India
  • Academy of Aerospace & Aviation
  • Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur

31st July 2012, 09:08 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

you can. Apply to the IIT's Mechanical engineerign has been listed in the minimum eligibility criteria.
however you must take note that you must have 60 % minimum in graduation (engg)
to be eligible to be considered.(for sc/st 55%)
Have a look at the IITB notification attached here.
The same holds true for all the IITs
visit their respective sites.www.aero.iitb.ac.in/
www.iitm.ac.in/aedept
you can navigate to sites of other IITs from links in any IIts site.
11th August 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

can i do aerronautical engineering after compliting my BE in information technology ?plz give me information because i am very interested in this feild.
25th August 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO AEROUNAUTICAL ENGG AFTER COMPLETING MY BE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. PLZ GIVE ME REPLY..
2nd September 2012, 04:11 PM
ankursachan

Hi..
yes you can do M.Tech in aeronautical engg. after doing b.tech from mechanical. And there is also a great opportunity to get the job in the defence, aviation field etc.
All The Best
8th February 2013, 01:07 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

HI...
yeah you can do M.tech in aeronautical engineering even if you have don graduation in mechanical engineering ,but for that you have to qualify the GATE exam for aeronautical engineering ,you can take coaching and then write ,at least you may have some chances to qualify the exam,if you don't qualify the exam you can not do m.tech in aeronautical engineering ,also let me inform you that its better to do m.tech from good colleges like iits for which you have to do really well in the gate exam because the cut off scores are very high for iits
all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?