13th January 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after completion of B.Tech from Computer Science?

can i do mtech in mechanical engg. after btech from computer science
i am in confusion regarding this.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after completion of B.Tech from Computer Science?
  2. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  3. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  4. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  5. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  6. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  7. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  8. Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech in Computer Science?
  9. List of specializations available to study in M.E. at Manipal University? -- [New]
  10. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  11. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  12. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  13. Best branch in mtech other than computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What's the eligility criteria for STET? I've completed my B.Com(H) with 62% marks, currently preparing for M.Com and I'm not from a Bengali background
  15. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  16. How to do correspondence M.Tech in CSE?
  17. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  18. Can we do B.Ed after completing B.Tech and M.Tech in computer science and engineering
14th January 2012, 12:23 AM
mukund purohit

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after completion of B.Tech from Computer Science?

you can do M.Tech but it will be not beneficial for you as both are different branches.
14th January 2012, 01:34 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after completion of B.Tech from Computer Science?

dear friend,
You wants to do M.tech in mechanical engineering after completion of B.tech in computer science..

Yes, you can go for that, but in that case you have to write the GATE exam in the syllabus of Mechanical engineering.

So, if you agree to do this , then after qualifying in GATE exam you will be able to apply for M.tech course in mechanical engineering.

So, get prepare for GATE exam..
You have to work hard , as you are going to give the exam on the syllabus of mechanical engineering..

All the best.
14th January 2012, 10:59 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

I think you can't do M.Tech in mechnical engineering after B.Tech from Computer Science.

You can only do M.Tech only from Computer Science related subjects.

There are so many subjects available in M.Tech for computer science students.you can choose any intresting and demanded course.

For your information M.Tech from echnical engineering for Computer Science student is very though.Mechnical is mathematical branch and computer science is theory branch.you can't get better success in Mechnical branch.

You can get better success in computer subject so you should choose any computer subject for M.Tech.it will be better for you.
14th January 2012, 04:12 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

sorry friend this is not possible.

WHO ARE ELIGIBLE IN GATE-2012

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

BEST OF LUCK
14th January 2012, 08:37 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do mtech in mechanical engg. after btech from computer science
i am in confusion regarding this.
YES!!
You can take admission in M.TECH In COMPUTER SCIENCE . but for that you need to give GATE EXAM where the syllabus will be on the basis of CSE SUBJECTS

If you find this difficult, you can take admission in any of the private colleges in INDIA
20th March 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to do M.tech in mechanical...actually i completed my enggg from computer science branch...can i do???l it be very tough for me???
4th April 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after completion of B.Tech from ECE?
10th May 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

which of these branches in M -tech mechanical engineering is better in terms of job opportunities Thermal engineering vs internal combustion engineering??????or is there any other branches in mechanical engg with more job oppurtunities in mechanical stream???
10th June 2012, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.tech in electronics and communication engineering but now I want to do my M.Tech in computer science engineering . Is it possible?
If so, suggest the courses too? Thank you.
[email protected] is my mail id.
23rd October 2013, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

i had done b.tech with computer science but now i want to m.tech with mechanical engineering it is possible or not
20th March 2014, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

hi i have done b tech in CS.
I want to do M tech other than CS.
which branches i can eligible and which branch i have to take for gate exam
15th December 2014, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

hello sir in future i want to be an automobile engineer
but today i am doing computer science engineering..
are it possible?
17th August 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm a btech computer science student. is it possible to do mtech in mechanical engineering.can you explain its advantages and disadvantages
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?