15th August 2017, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Tips to prepare for IAS exam after completion of 12th science stream?

Sir/Mam, I pass the 12th exam through science stream (Maths). Know I want to prepare for IAS. I take math honours in graduation but I can't understand How can I prepare for IAS? Can you please give me the answer on this? Thank you!

16th August 2017, 04:34 PM
Potharajupavan

Default Re: Tips to prepare for IAS exam after completion of 12th science stream?

It is better to know about pattern of exam then in that you will find some topics regarding maths ex: prelims and maths as a optional in mains then you crack civils easily
16th August 2017, 04:41 PM
Potharajupavan

Default Re: Tips to prepare for IAS exam after completion of 12th science stream?

Firstly it is better to know about pattern of the civils exam then know about the fact where usually mathematical questions are asked.For example in prelims he asks questions regarding maths and then in the mains you can choose mathematics as a optional subject then the will be higher than your expectation finally you can crack civils easily
16th August 2017, 06:40 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

It's so nice to see that you want to prepare for the exam and want to give yourself an early start. IAS is one of the most prestigious and sought after exam in India and every year over 01 million applications are received for the exam and only 1000 - 1200 get a chance to work as an IAS.

Tips for the exam -

1. Read daily newspaper (preferably one Hindi and one English) (The Hindu is nice)
2. Make yourself aware of the subject which you want to choose.
3. Divide time equally for each subject.
4. Give extra time to the weaker subject.
5. Prepare online as the test is happening online only
6. Work on your communication skills.
7. Time consuming subject should be prepared well.
8. Take online mock test
9. Use best websites such as IASBABA, Mrunal.org
10. try to solve previous year paper.

Hope it will help
16th August 2017, 07:34 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

First you should concentrate on your graduation. Meanwhile you should increase your general knowledge. Make a habit of reading English newspapers and magazines daily. Learn basics of your subjects. You can do main preparation in the final year of your graduation or you can also join a good coaching institute. Thanks
16th August 2017, 10:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your 12th standard with science stream and now you want to prepare for IAS exam. You have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
Foremost thing to become IAS is that you have to appear in civil services exam and you have to prepared according to the syllabus of this exam.
Keep yourself update to the current affairs. Practice previous years question papers. Practice as much as you can. If you are in need of coaching and he believed that it will benefit you then you can.
17th August 2017, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am preparing for ssc cgl without coaching how can i prepare for this and tell me good online coaching and video courses and good app for this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?