9th January 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Can I do marine engineering after mechanical engineering? Procedure to get admission after degree? I am pursuing mechanical engineering

sir , i am perusing mechanical engg and i am in final year ,sir i want to ask can i done marine engg after mechanical engg ? and what is the procedure for getting addmision after degree . sir plese inform me . thankyou

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  2. How can I do PG in Marine engineering after completing Mechanical engineering? What's the admission procedure for the same? I'm in 4th year B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  3. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
  4. Can I do Marine Engineering after mechanical engineering? Procedure to get admission after degree?
  5. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in M.E Marine Engineering after completion of B.E Mechanical egnineering?
  6. What is the procedure to pursue Marine Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Which country is good to do higher studies after Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How can I study Marine Engineering if pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. What is the procedure for joining marine engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  11. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  12. Marine Engineering after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the procedure for marine engineering admission after diploma in mechanical
  14. How to join marine engineering 1 year course after completing my degree in Mechanical Engineering? What is the procedure?
  15. Is it possible to do marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after mechanical engineering?
  16. How to do marine engineering after doing B.E mechanical engineering?
  17. Can I complete my degree in Marine Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Procedure and the list of the colleges in Karnataka?
  18. How can I get admission in Marine government college after passing B.Tech in mechanical Engineering? Which entrance exams are conducted for that?
2nd June 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do marine engineering after mechanical engineering? Procedure to get admission after degree? I am pursuing mechanical engineering

what is the difference of marine engineering and mechanical engineering?
2nd June 2012, 04:31 PM
__Prateek
Member+

Default Re: Can I do marine engineering after mechanical engineering? Procedure to get admission after degree? I am pursuing mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir , i am perusing mechanical engg and i am in final year ,sir i want to ask can i done marine engg after mechanical engg ? and what is the procedure for getting addmision after degree . sir plese inform me . thankyou
Yes, you can do,but the years of your course in mechanical engineering will get waste. and moreover you have to submit your 12th certificates for the admission.

MARINE ENGINEER

marine engineer are the persons who are having the responsibility of controlling the ship engine room .

their work is to develope and design of engines related to ships and propulsion system

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ~

For doing a B.E in marine engineer or nautical science the candidate must have passed 10 +2 with physics , chemistry , maths and english.

PERIOD OF COURSE ~

the course is of 4 yr , after the course the candidate is awarded with B.E or B.TECH degree.

HOW TO APPLY ~

for admission in the colleges and other institution for the course, entrance exam is being conducted on the month of may.

the examination is followed by personal interviews and counselling where the interviewer is access the degree of alertness,and awareness of the external environment.

ATTRIBUTES ~

the candidates must posses these attributes to be successful in this field

organic ability

practicality

enjoy working with tools

to be calm and get well with all types of people.

good communication skill

no sea sickness

good physical fitness.

BEST INSTITUTION ~

IIT'S

NIT'S

BIT MESHRA

Delhi college of engineering

anna university

PAY PACKAGE ~

44,000 rs for a fresh candidate as 5th engineer

the salary rises to +50000 with the promotion

as a chief engineer you can earn around 4,00,000 rs.
13th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for merchant navy after b.tech in mechanical
13th August 2012, 06:29 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Marine engineer are the persons who are having the responsibility of controlling the ship engine room .
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

For doing a B.E in marine engineer or nautical science the candidate must have passed 10 +2 with physics , chemistry , maths and english.

PERIOD OF COURSE ~

the course is of 4 yr , after the course the candidate is awarded with B.E or B.TECH degree.

HOW TO APPLY ~

for admission in the colleges and other institution for the course, entrance exam is being conducted on the month of may.

the examination is followed by personal interviews and counselling where the interviewer is access the degree of alertness,and awareness of the external environment.
13th August 2012, 07:23 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I believe your intention of doing Marine Engineering is to get job in Merchant Navy. If that is the sole intention, then my friend there is no need to do Marine Engineering, because you can get direct entry to Merchant Navy with your Mechanical Engineering degree.

There are several posts in Merchant Navy for which Mechanical Engineers can directly apply without having to do Marine Engineering. If selected, you will be sent for pre sea course following which you will get the job. Therefore I would recommend you not to waste valuable years on Marine Engineering instead directly apply for the job.

Merchant navy is adventerous job that allows you to travel all around the world. The Merchant Navy is quite different from the regular navy. Its more towards the commerical side rather than protecting the country from sea invasion which is the job of Navy.

A large number of imports and exports in the world are done via sea. This is where Merchant Navy comes into picture as a cargo transporter. Whether you are exporting/importing crude oil, heavy Mechinery, gold, arm weapons etc. It is done via the sea.

Eligibility

To get into Merchant Navy there are two ways.

The first way is by completing Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering. After completing these courses you would be eligible for top jobs in Merchant Navy that are related to navigational and engineering fields.

To do Marine Engineering, you need to complete 12th from a recognised board with PCM as the subjects.

You must be unmarried. It does not matter whether you are boy or girl. The rule is same for both.

You will have to go through medical test and must meet physical fitness criteria like height should be at least 150 cm, 6/6 vision and no color blind.

The second way to get entry in Merchant Navy is called direct entry. You can get direct entry starting with qualification like 12th and it goes up to B.Tech. I would only point out about the jobs that Engineering graduates can apply for.

There are various jobs in Merchant Navy like Engine Cadet, Junior Engineer, Fifth Engineer etc which can be applied directly by the B.Tech graduates in branches like Mechanical, Electrical and Technology.

You will have to go for 9 months long pre-sea course in in Marine Engineering from MERI after which you will get the job.
13th August 2012, 10:11 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

Hi dear,....

->The marine engineering is best in our field ..
->The scope of marine engineering is more in Navy.
->If you join the marine engineering then the procedure will be same like other engineering fields.

Marine engineer:
->Marine engineer is part of navy because it produce the engines for ships.
->Marine engineers are persons who are having the responsibility of controlling the ship room.

Eligibility Criteria:
->For doing B.E/B.TECH in marine engineer or nautical engineering.
-> Candidates passed 12th with PCM .
->Male (unmarried )candidate are eligible for navy.

Period of course:

course is 4 year.

Best Institution:

1.IIT'S

2.NIT'S

3.BIT MESHRA

4.Delhi college of engineering

5.Anna university

PAY PACKAGE :

->44,000 rs for a fresh candidate as 5th engineer .

->the salary rises to +50000 with the promotion as a chief engineer you can earn around 4,00,000 rs.

All the best dear..........
1st February 2014, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

sir iam completed BE mechanical engineering and i want to join marine course.but iam using specs.can i eligible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?