11th April 2013, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA in Information Technology after completing bachelor of commerce degree from Mumbai University?

Hi..
Can I do MBA in Information Technology after the completion Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) degree from Mumbai University?
And wanna know which entrance exam will I need to give to start MBA in Information Technology?

11th April 2013, 10:19 AM
k chanchal
Member+

Default Re: Can I do MBA in Information Technology after completing bachelor of commerce degree from Mumbai University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi..
Can I do MBA in Information Technology after the completion Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com) degree from Mumbai University?
And wanna know which entrance exam will I need to give to start MBA in Information Technology?
Hello Aspirant,

Once upon time there were only few branches available in MBA,but due to indutralisation & technological development in whole world,Now there are many branches of MBA & MBA in information technology is one among them.

You can do MBA in Information System after your B.Com & for which you should appear for an entrance exam such as CAT/MAT/XAT or ATMA.

You can also choose any other branch for MBA from the following list of MBA.

• MBA in Criminal Justice
• MBA in e-Business
• MBA in Education
• MBA in Education
• MBA in Engineering
• MBA in Entrepreneurship
• MBA in Executive
• MBA in Finance
• MBA in General management
• MBA in Global management
• MBA in Health Care
• MBA in Hospitality and Tourism
• MBA in Human resources
• MBA in Industrial management
• MBA in Information systems
• MBA in Knowledge management
• MBA in Leadership
• MBA in Marketing
• MBA in Media
• MBA in Nonprofit and Government
• MBA in Organizational
• MBA in Sport management
• MBA in Technology management
• MBA in Telecommunications
Qualification required to get admission in any of the above MBA course is graduation in any stream & admission is possible on the basis of entrance exam as stated above.

There is no upper age limit.

Thanks & the best wishes.
11th April 2013, 12:34 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBA in Information Technology after completing bachelor of commerce degree from Mumbai University?

hi,

After completed B.com degree,If you want to do MBA,There are lots of MBA written examination available in
India likes ........

CAT MBA-Common apptituude Test

MAT-AIMA Management Aptitude Test

GMAT-Graduate Management Aptitude Test

IBSAT-ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test

XIMB-Xavier Institute of Management MBA Entrance Exam

XAT-XLRI Xavier Aptitude Test

SNAP-Symbiosis National Aptitude Test etc

ALL THE BEST..................
11th April 2013, 02:45 PM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,
First thing is that for applying for MBA in Information Technology you must have done Graduation in any discipline with 50 per cent marks if you belong to General Category and 45 per cent marks if you are coming in reserved category.
Beside this you may also apply if you have Bachelor's degree with three years of supervisory/managerial/professional experience or If you have Professional Qualifications in Accountancy/Cost and Works Accountancy/Company Secretaryship etc. or Masters Degree in any subject.

Beside this you can also give the entrance examinations such as GMAT,MAT or CAT for selecting in a particular institute for MBA Programmes.

And yes note that don't forget to check the informations and detail before applying of a particular websites of Exam so that you may not have any queries regarding it.
11th May 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

CAT MBA-Common apptituude Test

MAT-AIMA Management Aptitude Test

GMAT-Graduate Management Aptitude Test

IBSAT-ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test

XIMB-Xavier Institute of Management MBA Entrance Exam

XAT-XLRI Xavier Aptitude Test

SNAP-Symbiosis National Aptitude Test etc

If i pass any of these exams i can do any field of mba?
6th March 2014, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir / Madam,

Can I do Information Technology after completing bachelor of commerce degree from Mumbai University?
23rd March 2014, 07:15 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

I don't know the reason why I you want to move into IT sector after completion of Graduation in Commerce stream.

My suggestion would be to go with Commerce stream related specializations only.

The reason being there is a huge competition among the candidates to get a job in IT sector.

Many of the IT companies will prefer in hiring the following candidates
B.Tech candidates
MCA candidates

Only 10% of the MBA candidates are being hired by IT companies.

And moreover you don't have IT background also. If they check it out, it will be a problem for you.

As a part of eligibility,

Yes you are eligible to join MBA in IT after completion of B.Com course from Mumbai University.

If you are very much interested with IT sector, then better opt for MCA course at Post Graduation level.

The duration of this course is for 3 years and you will be having better career scope to get job in IT companies after completion of this course.

But the thing is to be eligible for MCA course, you should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject either at your 10+2 level or at Graduation level.

At Graduation level,as you are from BBA, you may not be having Mathematics subject.

Apply for the Entrance Exam to join MCA course only when you are having Mathematics subject at your 10+2.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
30th March 2014, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

I had done my Diploma in Hardware and Networking and completed my degree in B.A., After that i working in IT since 3 years, now i am interested to do MBA in IT what is suggestion for me ? can i get good job after doing MBA in IT ?
30th March 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking and completed Degree in B.A., After that i working in IT Dept. as IT- Manager since 3 year's on the basis of Diploma, now i am interested to do MBA in IT for better scope in IT, what is suggestion for me?
30th June 2014, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Will there be a problem if i complete my bachelor degree with Coimmerce but i have to do management course after that?
30th April 2015, 04:20 AM
Unregistered

I have almost completed my A levels in commerce subjects, can I do bachelors in Information Technology after this.. Is it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?