Can i do MS in US from any university

Hi
I have completed my (10 2 3) in India.
Can i do ms in us from any university

9th August 2012, 06:56 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do MS in US from any university

No with this qualification you are not eligible to join for the MS course. The minimum qualification required is 10+2+4 or 10+2+3+2. So if you want to pursue MS in US you must first complete M.Sc or M.CA etc. You will also need to a good score in GRE and TOEFL. You take the exam during the second year. If your score is accepted you will need to submit documents like proof of your education qualification, age proof, SOP etc.
9th August 2012, 07:37 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I have completed my (10 2 3) in India.
Can i do ms in us from any university
Yes it is quite possible to do MS in United States. However it is a length process to get admission is US college for MS course. There are various steps that you would require to complete before you can get admission for the MS course in USA.

Not to mention that graduating from United States is going to cost you much more than India. Unless you are preparing to look for job in United States and settle there, I would recommend you to study your post graduate course back here in India.

The first thing you need to understand is that in United States to get admission for what we call post graduate course, you are required to compelte at least 16 years of under graduation study. In your case and many other people, this requirement is missed by one year.

However there is nothing to worry. Candidates from India who have completed 3 years bachelors course are required to do one year of additional course before they can apply for MS in United States.

Another very important factor to understand about US education system is that courses like B.Tech, B.A., B.Com, B.Sc, BCA, BBA etc which we call graduation course are called under graduation courses in United States.

Similarly M.Tech, M.Com, MBA, M.Sc, M.A. that are called post graduate courses here in India are called graduation courses in United States.

Now before you can apply for admission in US university, there is a need to appear in GRE and TOEFL test. Universities in United States give huge importance to these exams when students from foreign countries apply. Passing these exams would also make it quite easy for you to obtain study visa for United States.

To get admission in a good college in United States you need to score at least 1300 out of 1600 in GRE and 100 out of 120 in TOEFL. These scores are considered good for admission in good college in United States.

Make sure you have performed well in 10th, 12th and under graduate course. Because your performance in these courses would be evaluated by colleges in United States before offering you admission.

It is advised to apply for admission at least 6 months in advance. This would give you enough time to obtain visa and other documents to study in United States.
9th August 2012, 11:48 AM
gunashree a

i have already completed my msc biotech so i am intrested in studying further so i wanted to do ms biotech so can i do
16th August 2012, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

With a score of 280 out of 340 in GRE, in which US univ can i get admission of MS in CS ?
9th November 2012, 06:07 AM
Unregistered

hi actually i want to go for ms in ece,but i am afraid if i can make it,my relatives are staying there,so it wont be a issue for me to stay there,the only thing i afraid is that actually i am a average student,so how tough it will be for me?by the name(ms in usa) only i m getting afraid,i think all who go for ms degree must be very genius.plz help me
21st December 2012, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

I want to do Masters in PHYSICS/MATHEMATICS in US but I did Bsc in PME. Can you check if I am eligible for MS in US
21st December 2012, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

I want to do Masters in Physics or Mathematics in US, but I'm final year Bsc in PME . Can you check if I am eligible for MS in US.
30th December 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

i had just completed my engeneering.am i eligible to do ms?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?