6th September 2013, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Psychology after my BDS?

i want to know about the scopes after doing psychology after my bds as there are many dentists know a days and competition is also on hike what should i do is my concern getting jobs for a mds and mds is also a big criteria and hectic thing please help

14th February 2016, 06:27 PM
Jitu369

Default Re: Can I do Psychology after my BDS?

No. You can not pursue psychology after BDS.

You are not eligible to pursue masters in psychology after the completion of your BDS course as the minimum qualification required to pursue masters in psychology course is that a candidate should have completed his/her B.Sc course or its equivalent from a recognized University.

But you haven't completed B.Sc degree & BDS isn't equivalent to B.Sc. So you can't eligible for psychology after BDS.
11th September 2019, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I do msc psychology after bsc nursing
7th August 2020, 11:01 AM
deepikapandey9999

I assume that you have already given thoughts to the conventional options like MDS, clinic etc. Secondly I think you are looking for alternatives. So here they are,

Not for profit organization can be a good starting point as I also started with one such organization Aarohi in rural Uttarakhand. I joined as a dental surgeon but later shifted to public health and ended pursuing MPH. You might wonder why I did not write in a straight forward manner to try for MPH, MHA or MHoA as if you want to be in this arena a past experience will be helpful for you in your studies and making up your mind that you really want to pursue your career in social and development sector as you won't be sitting initially in your office but travelling all over India and observing the reality of rural healthcare. If you are adventurous, traveller and think a lot about society this can be your area as often being a doctor we have an aim somewhere in our mind that we will help the needy and this can be a real good way both career wise and financially. You can also take up fellowships in this domain which will help you to be creative about your career. I am planning to apply for India fellow and have applied for YIF maybe that can interest you well.

Next you can look into clinical research. India is a hub for clinical trials and lots of CRA organization are there. You can pursue one year clinical research studies and later apply in clinical research.

MBA Healthcare can be a good option good it's quite similar to MHA and MHoA.

KPO if you want quick bucks but it's stressful and no future in my opinion.

Diploma courses in cosmetics, implants

Forensics but you can do such courses in abroad only

One more option can be learn German as per my information if you have cleared all levels of German language you are eligible to practice there after working with a German dentist for a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?