6th July 2011, 11:21 PM
siddharth1992

Can I do summer training during my B.Tech Semester Break after 3rd year? Does it hold any importance?

Hi! I am a 3rd yr btech student in chemical engineering at nit rourkela. I didn't do any summer training after completion of my 2nd yr. Do i have the chance to do one during the semester break after 3rd yr and does it hold any importance?

7th July 2011, 03:07 AM
namit_sahu21
Member+

Default Re: Can I do summer training during my B.Tech Semester Break after 3rd year? Does it hold any importance?

Yes you can do your summer training in the next summer after third year.
The training is very important. It's certificate is very valuable.

It will help you in your campus interviews....
7th July 2011, 09:46 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do summer training during my B.Tech Semester Break after 3rd year? Does it hold any importance?

yea summer training is very much important for B.Tech students. training provide the knowledge about actually what is done in an Industry. from college you will know about theoretical knowledge and some of practical knowledge. but the actual job in Industry is different from this. you have to work in Industry so you must have good knowledge previously about what you have to do after joining in a company.

after 3rd year it is compulsory that you have to do one training from an Industry. so you must have to do it. it is important and it will be included in your Resume at the time of job interview.

training from a good industry will bring a good impression towards you. so try to do training from a very good and leading industry.

best wishes.
7th July 2011, 12:51 PM
vandana.12

Thumbs up Re: Can I do summer training during my B.Tech Semester Break after 3rd year? Does it hold any importance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth1992 View Post
Hi! I am a 3rd yr btech student in chemical engineering at nit rourkela. I didn't do any summer training after completion of my 2nd yr. Do i have the chance to do one during the semester break after 3rd yr and does it hold any importance?
Hello Sid,

Its not necessary that one can do summer training only in the 2nd year semester break.

You can also do it after completion of your 3rd year and it is very important to any B.TECH student.So you must do it.

You should apply to a reputed industry for training and after the
completion of the training you will be given a industrial training certificate which you have to attach with your CV or resume at the time of campusing .

This will help you in increasing your practical knowledge and you would also come to know how to work in an industry.

At the time when you will sit for the placement you will be cross questioned by the interviewer on your training experience so do it sincerely .

with regards
All the best
Vandana
7th July 2011, 01:00 PM
aroy8091

Smile Re: Can I do summer training during my B.Tech Semester Break after 3rd year? Does it hold any importance?

summer training is very important for b.tech student. you have to do this training each &every student do this . this helps in your campusing .
core branch students have to do training in industry& software branch student have to training in software company.
7th July 2011, 03:03 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth1992 View Post
yes ofcourse training is a must for every btech student. since you have not done it after second year, now you will surely have to do summer training after third year. otherwise it will give a bad impression of your resume at the time of interview.
you must do your training from a good industry to make your resume look better
7th July 2011, 03:09 PM
structnode007

as a 3rd year chemical engg student it is essential that you do a training at some industry for atleast 8 weeks or 2 months .the companies you can opt for are IOCL,SAIL.it is mandatory for all NIT students to produce atleast 8 weeks of industrial training to be eligible for campus recruitment programme .
25th August 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

can i do traning during 4th sem
25th August 2011, 07:38 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
You can definitely do that, but remember doing is not enough to get a job you must understand what ever you are doing, like if you do course in java you should learn it at that time and while doing the project be very careful because at time of campusing when you show your certificate they will ask you everything about your project.
11th December 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

what can i do in the holidays of 3 semester of btech electronics?
2nd March 2012, 04:07 PM
pulsarman

Yes you can do your summer training in the next summer after third year

OK
14th May 2014, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

For training in patent research(Intellectual Property)for ECE, Biotech students. check www.eyespat.com
22nd June 2015, 02:48 PM
sairam0123

Hello.

Yes you can definitely do summer training at the semester break after 3rd year
As it a part of curriculum of 4th year in B.Tech training is also of some credit in 4th year. Internal marks are given on that.
If you do training in 3rd year it will be enhance your resume and it will also have good impact at the time of placement.
It will also enhance your knowledge.

I hope you got it.
22nd July 2017, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I didn't do training after 2nd year i.e 4th semester in summer. Will it matter? I'm from electrical.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?