6th June 2012, 11:28 AM

Can I get admission for B.Com course having scored 53% of marks in 10+2?

i get admission in b.com college. i got 53% in +2 class (cbse)

6th June 2012, 12:02 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission for B.Com course having scored 53% of marks in 10+2?

A minimum of 65% in the aggregate and 60% in the subject you want to study for honours is required.
But if you are not looking to do B.Com hons then for pass probably this marks will be enough to get a decent college.
But these days the demand for this course be it pass or hons is quite high. So the cut off marks will vary from one college to the other.
Please go through the previous merit list of your shortlisted colleges for more information.

good luck
6th June 2012, 12:10 PM
mnbgvs

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission for B.Com course having scored 53% of marks in 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i get admission in b.com college. i got 53% in +2 class (cbse)

hi,

Minimum Percentage of Marks of Eligibility:

B.A. Programme/B.Com. Course
Minimum Percentage of marks required for admission to BA Programme & B.Com Course is 40% of the aggregate in anyone of the following examinations:
  1. A candidate must have passed Senior School Certificate Examination (Class 12th) of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or an Examination recognized as equivalent thereto.

OR

Pre-University Examination (2 years after 10 year of schooling of any Indian University recognized by the University of Delhi)

OR

Intermediate Examination of an Indian University/Board or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto (Pass in 4 written subjects)
  2. Indian School Certificate Examination (12 years) of the council of Indian School Education, New Delhi (Pass in five written SUbjects)
  3. General Certificate of Education of the U.K.
  • Pass in five subjects at ordinary level.
  • Pass in at least two subjects at the Advanced level. These two advanced level courses may either be chosen from among the five ordinary level subjects or from outside this group as prescribed by the University of Delhi.
you can get admission in B Com course

ALL THE BEST.......
6th June 2012, 12:30 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission for B.Com course having scored 53% of marks in 10+2?

Yes.You are eligible to join B.Com course after completion of 10+2 with 53% of marks.

B.Com course is a 3 year arts related graduation course being offered by many of the colleges all over India.

Direct admission will be given to the candidates to join this course. However, there are some colleges which will conduct Entrance Exam in order to give admission for this course.

The minimum eligibility criteria to join this course is by completion of 12th class with 50% of marks.

You are fulfilling this criteria. So, you are eligible to join B.Com course.

However, in many of the colleges, the admission to this course will be given on the basis of merit (percentage of marks in 12th class).

If there are more number of candidates who have applied for that course in that college, you may not get admission.

You don't need to worry at all with this. This will happen in very less cases.

So, now the task that you have to perform is,

-Collect the list of colleges which are offering this course in and around your city.
-Filter the colleges where there are high academic standards and good placement record.
-Choose the top college out of them and apply for this course in that college.

Soon after the completion of B.Com course, I suggest you to opt for MBA course to have good career scope.

Now days, MBA candidates are being sold as hot cakes.

The reason for this is each and every industry is in need of MBA candidates in order to manage various aspects, manpower and functional departments of the organization.

The admission to this course will be given on the basis of performance in any of the Entrance Exams like
-CAT
-MAT
-GMAT etc.

Have good preparation for this exam from your B.Com course itself and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
23rd January 2016, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission for B.Com course having scored 53% of marks in 10 2?

What is the procedure to apply to sumbyosis college Pune for bcom under NRI quota
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?