10th October 2010, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

CAT Eligibility based on aggregate marks in first two years of graduation?

hy i am in 3rd year of bcom n i have scored aggregate 49.1% in 1st two years of my bcom so am i eligible for cat exam???

11th October 2010, 03:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CAT Eligibility based on aggregate marks in first two years of graduation?

For admission to MBA college you final year graduation score will be considered. You need to have a minimum of 50% during your graduation to appear for the CAT exam. Since you have only 49.1% during first two years suggest you work hard to get a higher score during your final year. Other wise you will be eligible to appear for entrance exam.
14th October 2010, 12:14 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: CAT Eligibility based on aggregate marks in first two years of graduation?

Yeah dont worry only your final year aggregate is chosen not the first 2 years. So instead of worrying much just try to get over 50% in aggregate in your final year
14th October 2010, 12:59 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hy i am in 3rd year of bcom n i have scored aggregate 49.1% in 1st two years of my bcom so am i eligible for cat exam???
dear complete defree agreegate is taken in to consideration ok first complete your b,com with minimum 60% then you can apply for the CAT.
all the best
14th October 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

hi.i m n vag student doing bba final year from G.G.S.I.P.U.. i hv aplied for CAT this year.
bt i m more interestd in banking sector.and i m thinking to giv an attempt nxt year for CAT, coz ryt nw i m nt so prepared, and i know dat i hv d caliber to make it big.bt this ways my one year wil go waste.
plz sugest some relevant course for an year.and some part time job if posible.....
14th October 2010, 12:39 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes, your aggregate percentage is considered in CAT so better you score high percentage in graduation but for that what is needed is that you should not think these issues and feel the tension it would be concentrate on studies fully to score high percentage.
you have enough time for it.
and also if you have good percentage you will have other opportunities too for you
10th November 2010, 01:06 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
just dont worry about the aggregate that you have got in the first two years..only aggregate of last 2 years is needed..
19th February 2011, 07:02 PM
ssahu669

Dear Friend,

as you have scored 49.1 % in 1 st two year. it is not problem. but you have to acquire 50% marks in aggregate in 3 years to appear in the cat exam.so try your best in third year that you can manage to acquire 50% marks in aggregate in Three years.all the best.

Regards
Sanjeeb
29th April 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

i am giving b,com IInd year examination but result is abdated and in b.com Ist year i am secored 55.33% can i eligible for CAT exam in 2012?
29th May 2011, 02:19 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

yes, your aggregate percentage is considered in CAT so better you score high percentage in graduation but for that what is needed is that you should not think these issues and feel the tension it would be concentrate on studies fully to score high percentage.
you have enough time for it.
and also if you have good percentage you will have other opportunities too for you
6th June 2011, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

what if i scored a 54% in first year and 49% in second year. what is the basis of calculating the aggregate. i will in my third year, when i will be giving my cat entrance exam. my final year marksheet will be availavble in july 2012. so will i still be eligible to give cat in 2011 irrespective of how much i score in third year..
19th July 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i m in 3rd year of b.com n i have scored aggregate 49.16% in 1st two years of my b.com.when i will be giving my cat entrance exam.my final year marksheet will be available in july 2012.so will i still be eligible to give cat in 2011.
17th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

hi m in my 3rd yr my 1st yr percentage is 44.5...m awaiting results for my 2nd yr...but the cat 2011 registration has already started.i wont b receiving my 2nd year result before november.m i still eligible for cat this year?
14th October 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I m in Bcom 1st yr. so am i eligible for giving CAT exm or nt...??
31st October 2011, 08:29 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello sir,Yes your final year aggregate is chosen not the first 2 years. So instead of worrying much just try to get over 50% in aggregate in your final year
16th January 2012, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

my name is sanjay and i am studying b.tech at IIT in 3rd yr. my cgpa is 7.0 till 5th sem. i have get 86.7% in 10th and 78.8% in 12 th. i am a sc candidate student. i want to know that can i select for the iim by the cat exam. what should i do for that ?
19th January 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studing b.com finalyear,in my 1styr and 2ndyr i was secure 45% , if i secure 60% of my final year examination ,can i eligible for cat exam.Sir kindly clarify me in details.
16th May 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bsc it. i hav a kt in 5th sem, though i have cleared 6th sem with 50 %. am i eligible for cat??
29th May 2012, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

This will be my final year of graduation from manipal university I need and have to crack CAT can you please guide me [email protected]
11th June 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

this is my final year of graduation and i had joined TIME coaching in september 2011 which means that i will I will appear for cat 2012,is I an eligible for CAT 2012.
12th December 2012, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

only final year marks of engineering are counted or all the 4 years please help
8th May 2013, 03:42 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

You are eligible to appear for CAT exam if you meet the following requirement

You should have done graduation from UGC recognized institute/college
You should have alteast 50% in your graduation
and 45% if SC/ST

So if you can pull you graduation aggregate marks to 50+%, you can appear for CAT
17th July 2013, 06:37 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
For admission to MBA college you final year graduation score will be considered. You need to have a minimum of 50% during your graduation to appear for the CAT exam. Since you have only 49.1% during first two years suggest you work hard to get a higher score during your final year. Other wise you will be eligible to appear for entrance exam.

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

Reservations

As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
For an updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in. In case of NC-OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html) of NC-OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on September 19, 2012 (Last day of registration) will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT2012.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low-vision/blindness, b) hearing impairment, and c) locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process. The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window; hence, the applicants are advised to give attention while registering.

Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates

If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you send to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. A copy of the certificate must be sent to CAT Centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIM Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode- 673 570, Kerala, INDIA. Mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate. Failure to produce a copy of the caste certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration.

The caste certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the caste certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

If you belong to the Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), you must produce the NC-OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.

The DA certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the DA certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
20th October 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I need b.com question paper of 2010
4th June 2014, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

do cat exam need 50% aggregate in graduation or only need 50% in last year of graduation??
18th September 2014, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
My first two years percentage in bcom were 44 and 49.7,and final year was 53 percent can I appear for cat ,cmat and other couses
29th October 2014, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 58% in my final year and 49% in aggregate of 3 years..So, am i eligible to take admission in any reputed colleges and which% of mine be seen when i will go for the admission.
15th June 2016, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I am from cu l have got first year 59 % 2nd year 49 and third year is awaited I just wanted to know wether all the. Years aggregate is taken or only two years
25th June 2017, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

I am bsc(pcm) 2nd year student.I want to do MBA in iim.
But due some reason i am already taken a drop For a year.. so m eligible or not!? If I'm scoring more than 50% in last year. Help me out.
6th August 2017, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I got 45% in 1st year and 53% in 2nd year of my bcom and will give my final year exam on march 2018 so am i eligible for cat 2018?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?