11th February 2011, 08:15 PM
Devesh Singh14

Can I get admission in M.Tech. in IITs through GATE with one year backlog in B.Tech?

A Year Back Student Can Also be Applicable to be Selected For M.tech In A IIT College Through GATE?

11th February 2011, 11:07 PM
mishra245

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech. in IITs through GATE with one year backlog in B.Tech?

Yes, you get admission in the IIT's after B.tech with one year backlogs but the backlog is clear till the admission in the GATE.
Means the backlog is clear at the year of the admission in the GATE.
11th February 2011, 11:14 PM
mishra245

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech. in IITs through GATE with one year backlog in B.Tech?

Yes, you get admission in the IIT's after B.tech with one year backlogs but the backlog is clear till the admission in the GATE.
Means the backlog is clear at the year of the admission in the GATE.
12th February 2011, 07:07 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Don't worry you will be selected if performed better in GATE as there are no any kind of restriction in terms of backlogs but You will have to clear your backlogs before taking the admission because IIT doesn't allows admission with backlogs.so try to clear your backlogs.
12th February 2011, 12:16 PM
ronaldo

dear friend,
you can definately get admission through GATE even if you have a one year backlog
15th March 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

I GOT 91.33 PECENTILE IN GATE2011.MY BRANCH IS EEE.CAN I GET IN ANY NIT.
22nd March 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I have scored a 30 out of 100 in GATE'11 with the discipline being electrical......can anyone help me out with the choices that i stand for ??????
6th April 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

I AM NOT CERTAIN WHETHER MY 4 SUBJECTS WILL BE CLEARED WITHIN 4 YEAR OF BTECH.....SO WHAT OPPORTUNITY I WLL LOSE IN TERMS OF THOSE WHO CLEAR ALL SUBJECTS WITHIN 4 YEAR....IN TERMS OF CAREER//
7th April 2011, 01:33 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, backlog in B.Tech will not a matter to get admission in M.Tech. in IITs through GATE.

the matter is good score in GATE.

you have to get 99% in gate to get chance in IITs .

all the best.....
7th April 2011, 08:29 AM
devendergora

YEs, why not, for admission in IITs , you can appear for GATE exam.
8th June 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

my back paper result would come in july..can i get admission in mtech in iit if i get a good score.problem is my result would come 1 month after their admissions start
14th July 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

i have back in 6th sem(2011) . can i get admission in NIT on the basis GATE marks in 2010 because result of back paper will not come at the time of admission in NIT in 2012.
22nd July 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

I AM SYUDYING IN GTU. I GOT BACKLOG IN PAST 4TH SEMESTER. IF I SCORE WELL IN GATE AND CLEAR UP MY BACKLOGS QUIETLY BEFORE 8TH SEM, WILL THE HIGHER PRIORITY IIT COLLEGES ALLOW ME TO STUDY THERE?
22nd July 2011, 10:52 AM
aroy8091

dear friend
you can do master degree through IIT if you clear your backlog paper before taking admission in the college

best of luck
13th August 2011, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

I have got 99.78%ile in gate 2011 ece ,, i m 3rd year student,,, now i got a backlog in 6th sem,,, m i elligbl 4 admission into iits,,,
15th October 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

did u find anything about "backlog" in the mtech admission announcement by iits.?? I knew many people who had backlogs in their btech(offcourse you have to clear them all before you get into iit). just chill..
21st October 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

i am 4th year student. I have a back paper in 4th semester.i cleared it and its result expected to come september.can i get admission in iit if perform well in gate .
22nd October 2011, 02:04 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You have mentioned that you have one pending backlog..
With that due backlog you will not be able to apply for any higher studied or even any job..

So, first try to clear your backlog, after getting a clear result you can apply for M.tech course..

All the best..
26th May 2013, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

hello...
I m 2nd year student of engineering, and i have 1 year back in engineering, so tell me now what i do for addmission in m.tech after complete engineering?
Please suggest me sir
2nd August 2013, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

I have a back paper in 6th semester . I can only clear it in special exam after 8th semester & it will take maximum 3 months after M.TECH. admission .Can i get admission into iits or nits through gate rank in M.TECH. & can i apply for any psu ?
22nd May 2014, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

i have backlog in my 6th semester.and the result will come in sept.
am i eligible to take admission in iit.
plz help me out
22nd May 2014, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

i have backlog in my 6th semester.and the result will come in sept.
am i eligible to take admission in iit.
plz help me out
5th October 2014, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

I have 2 year backs in btech.can i get admission in iit in ec branch or a govt through gate?my agg in btech is 68% and previous gate attempt i got 95%ile .year backs are due attendence..:(..please guide me.
16th December 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

will i get admission in iit with 1 backlog and my results will be in may but counselling for iit will in april, so will there be any chance to get an iit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?