30th December 2010, 08:29 PM
shyamjnct

What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP

i want to pursue m.tech. from iit, what should i do for this.i am doing B.E.from rewa,m.p. under RGPV,BHOPAL.

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the specialization streams in M.Tech mechanical? Which is the best? I have completed my B.E in Mechanical and want to pursue M.Tech in IIT
  2. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  3. Colleges offering Mining courses in Andhra Pradesh? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  5. Can I pursue M.Tech after completion of M.Sc in Chemistry?
  6. Procedure to do M.Tech course after B.Tech and passing GATE? Colleges offering m.Tech course? Can I join self financing colleges if I got stipend?
  7. Is it possible to get admission to IIT college for MTech? -- [New]
  8. What is the procedure to pursue Ph.D in IIT Chennai and IISC Bangalore?
  9. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
  10. Difference between JRF and with SRF? Is it required to do PhD?
  11. Top 10 colleges for M.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  12. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure?
  13. How to pursue M.Tech in IIT after completing B.E in information science and engineering
  14. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  15. Where should I opt for M.Tech course? List of the colleges?
  16. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  17. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  18. How to pursue M.Tech from IIT after B.Tech? What is the procedure?
23rd January 2012, 11:25 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP

doing an mtech from the Indian institute of technologies is an dream of almost all the students who have not done there btech from the Indian institute of technology and hence the competition is really tough to even do an mtech course from these colleges ,the steps to be taken by an student to get onto the Indian institute of technologies to do an masters course are as follows :
1.you have to write the gate examination to get in to the iits ,the gate examination is held in the month of February every year and the notifications is out generally in the months of September or October .
i am attaching the brochure of this years examination this will give you complete detail about the gate examination ,
2.to do well in gate exam one should be really strong in the basics of the engineering subject in which he is writing the gate examination ,for that you should attend the classes regularly and also taking coaching will be an very good idea ,some of the best coaching centers for the gate examination in the country are as follows :
made easy academy new Delhi
ace gate coaching academy, Hyderabad
3.you should also get an rank of at least less than 300 in the gate examination if you are an general category student to be sure of getting the best branches in the Indian institute of technologies for the mtech course
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gate brochure.pdf(444.7 KB, 122 views)
3rd January 2013, 10:09 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP

For pursuing an m.tech's degree from IIT, you need to appear for the graduate aptitude technical exam. GATE, In this exam, you'll be asked question related to your technical branch and quantitative aptitude and verbal skills. The weightage of technical questions is 85%, and the weightage of aptitude questions is 15%
The gate score card is valid for two years.
Gud luck.
5th February 2013, 02:48 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

For pursuing an m.tech's degree from IIT, you need to appear for the graduate aptitude technical exam. GATE, In this exam, you'll be asked question related to your technical branch and quantitative aptitude and verbal skills. The weightage of technical questions is 85%, and the weightage of aptitude questions is 15%
The gate score card is valid for two years.
wishing you the gud luck.
24th July 2013, 06:06 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

For pursuing M.Tech from IIT, you need to appear for GATE and score very high marks.

As an eligibility, you should have done your graduation from recognized college or institute.

The more marks you have, the better college you would get.

GATE is conducted by IITs every year on 2nd sunday of february ( offline mode for certain branches )

following are some of the very good colleges for M.Tech

1. IIT Bombay, India
2. IIT Kanpur, India
3. IIT Delhi, India
4. BITS, Pilani University, India
5. IIT Kharagpur, , India
6. IIT Madras, India
7. IIT Varanasi (ex-IT BHU), India
8. IIIT Allahabad, India
9. IIT Guwahati, India
10. ISM Dhanbad, India
11. College of Eng., Anna University, Guindy, India
12. NIT- National Institute of Technology, Waranga, India
13. New IITs, India
14. BIT, Mesra, Ranchi, India
15. NIT- National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?