4th May 2018, 07:59 AM
nayagan2108

Can I get admission in NIT with JEE Advanced rank?

Dear Sir, I have got low rank in JEE Main. So, if I get good rank in JEE Advanced then whether my rank in JEE Advanced is used for admission in NIT? Kindly tell me about this immediately. Waiting for your response!

15th July 2018, 02:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT with JEE Advanced rank?

NIT is National Institute of Technology.

The admission in the institute in B.Tech course is conducted on the basis of JEE Main rank.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT on the JEE Advanced rank. JEE Advanced rank is valid for admission in IIT.
15th July 2018, 05:10 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can use your JEE Advance rank to get an admission in NIT. Since from the changes in in the admission system it is notified that the candidate who has got below 15000 rank in JEE Advance are only eligible for NIT for courses like B.Tech, B.Arch, etc.

In India there are about 30 NIT college. So, if you have rank below 15000 then absolutely you will have to chance to get admission in NIT.
15th July 2018, 05:29 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology and NITs are centrally funded Institute of Technology which are considered among the better colleges for pursuing technical degree courses.

As far as you are concerned about the admission in NIT to be based on the performance in JEE Advanced then it is not possible as admission in NIT is dependent of JEE Main rankings only.
15th July 2018, 05:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology.

The admission in Bachelor of Technology course in NIT is based on rank secured in Joint Entrance examination Main stage.

You can not get admission in NIT with JEE Advanced rank.
15th July 2018, 07:45 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT on JEE Advanced rank.

JEE is conducted in two stages Main and Advanced. On Main stages admission is conducted in NIT and state government colleges.

Advanced rank is valid to get admission in IIT, IIIT, ISM etc.
15th July 2018, 08:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can not get admission in National Institute of Technology based on Joint Entrance Examination Advanced rank. The rank of JEE Advanced is applicable for admission in IITs.

Candidate who want to pursue engineering course from NIT must know that admission to this institute is based on JEE Main scorecard and rank.
15th July 2018, 10:01 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible for any candidate.

Joint Entrance Examination is conducted every year till now. Every year there are JEE Main and Advanced. You can not used JEE Main pass status of last year to appear for advanced examination this year.
15th July 2018, 10:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not get admission in National Institute of Technology based on Joint Entrance Examination Advanced rank. Admission in NIT is done on performance of candidate in Joint Entrance Examination Main stage.

From 2019, JEE will be conducted twice every year. Final selection of candidates will be based on best of two exams conducted.
18th July 2018, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, can i get the cut off marks of government colleges for biotechnology in 2018.
Thanking You,
Susanta Mukherjee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?