28th May 2017, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech after JEE exam?

Hello everyone, My percentage in class 12 is 52% but I want to apply for b.tech mechanical engineering so after completing jee entrance exam. Will I direct get admission in b.tech for ME.

29th May 2017, 09:26 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech after JEE exam?

JEE refers to joint entrance examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate technical degree course in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

As far as you are concerned about importance of Class 12th board examination for admission through JEE then I would like to let you know that it is certainly required and as per the present criteria to be eligible for admission in CFTIs you must have secured at least 75% in your Class 12th board examination or that much aggregate that makes you lie within the top percentile candidate of your respective board of education. Relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST and PWD category candidates.

So having managed 52% marks you are eligible for admission in private engineering colleges only through JEE as for admission in CFTIs you are required to satisfy above marks requirement.
29th May 2017, 06:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in B.TEch/B.E. degree course across CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other government and private engineering colleges.

To be eligible for admission in any CFTIs through JEE you must have at least secured 75% marks ( 65% in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) in your Class 12th with PCM group from a recognized board of education. Students managing to lie within the top 20 percentile candidate on their concerned board of education without securing 75% aggregate are also eligible.

So having managed 52% in your Class 12th you are not eligible for admission in any CFTIs as you are well under the required percentage of marks for admission in CFTIs. I would also like to let you know that with such an aggregate it would be very difficult for you to get admitted in B.Tech degree course in any good private engineering colleges offering reasonable placement on the basis of Class 12th marks unless you secure a better rank in JEE.
29th May 2017, 10:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical degree course across CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

Now having managed 52% in Class 12th board examination you are not eligible for admission in CFTIs as for the same the minimum aggregate required in Class 12th is 75% or 65% in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates. Also with such a low aggregate you are not eligible for satisfying the percentile criteria of any board of education.

Further I would also like to mention that with only 52% aggregate you are not even eligible for admission in private engineering college offering better job placements unless you have secured good marks in JEE or their respective entrance examination.

So in my view if you are determined to pursue B.tech degree then you should reappear in your Class 12th once again with more dedication to do well in board as well as JEE examination.
29th May 2017, 11:55 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

If you appear in JEE mains examination, then you have to participate in online counseling process to get admission in best institute. Try to score best rank in JEE mains examination because more you scored in JEE mains more the chances to get best institute for admission in mechanical engineering.
However ,you can also apply for direct admission even without appearing in JEE mains examination. There are some seats reserved under management quota for direct admission. But in this case, you may be asked to pay some donation.
30th May 2017, 10:16 AM
srkallinone

After result declaration of JEE Main, Admission process starts in all universities. Most universities offer the B.Tech admission on the basis of merit list which is prepared based on score secured in qualifying exam plus entrance JEE Main. You will not get direct admission.

JEE Main Important Dates
- Apply Online From : December, 2017
- Last Date to Apply : January, 2018
- Download Hall Tickets : March, 2018
- JEE Main Entrance : April, 2018
- Result Declaration : April End, 2018
31st July 2022, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I got 94 %u2105 percentile in jee mains and i got 98%in ipe examnination will i get seat in cbit college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?