30th April 2015, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in NIT on the basis of JEE main rank or advanced rank?

Is it possible to get admission in NIT on the basis of JEE main rank or advanced rank? Can someone please let me know the information on the same? I am not sure if I will get in IIT but with those marks if I can get in NIT it will be good. Please clarify my doubt!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in NIT on JEE Mains rank if disqualified in JEE Advanced?
  2. How much rank is required in JEE mains to get admission in NIT -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Does appearing for JEE Advanced 2015 make any difference in the admission process?
  4. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  5. Can I get NIT Trichy or any NIT after scoring 75 in JEE mains
  6. How to get admission in NIT Surathkal?
  7. Can I get admission in NIT college after qualifying in JEE advanced?
  8. Can I get admission in any NIT if secured 58.88% in 12th, 55 marks in JEE Main and preparing for JEE Advance being SC candidate?
  9. Can I get admission in NIT Calicut having 117 marks in JEE Main? What is the significance of JEE Advanced exam?
  10. Can I get admission in any engineering college if scored 60 marks in JEE Mains and 2903 rank in JEE Advanced being a SC candidate?
  11. Can students get admission in NIT on the basis of IIT JEE rank?
  12. Can I get admission in NIT Kurukshetra after scoring 10000 state rank in JEE mains
  13. Can I get scholarship if secured 6242 rank in JEE Main and pursuing B.Tech in NIT-Kurukshetra?
  14. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  15. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  16. How should I get admission in any three NIT after scoring 7511 state rank?
  17. What rank I will achieve if scored 180 marks in JEE Main and 86.6% in 12th CBSE being a General candidate? Can I get admission in IIIT, NIT or DA-IICT?
  18. Can I get admission in any NIT after scoring 63000 rank and 89.53 percentile?
30th April 2015, 01:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in NIT on the basis of JEE main rank or advanced rank?

Yes it is possible for getting admission in the NIT after qualifying in the JEE Mains examination only but for that you will have to secure high percentage of marks in the same as well as in your higher secondary board examination as the final merit list is based on the overall performance in above mentioned examinations .

But for getting admission in the top IIT/NIT/IIIT with your desired trade you will have to also secure reasonable rank in the JEE Advance examination too .

So if you have qualified for JEE Advance examination then you should try too secure good marks in that too otherwise you have to be satisfied with probably only NIT .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?