23rd May 2013, 05:57 PM
shubham pagare

Can I get any NIT after scoring 76 marks in JEE mains?

i got 76 no. in jee mains can i get any nit ...........

15th June 2015, 09:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get any NIT after scoring 76 marks in JEE mains?

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology and these are considered as the top colleges for engineering colleges managed by the Central Government.

To take admission in the NIT one is required to qualify the JEE Mains examinations which is the stage one of JEE at must.Also one would have to secure at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their senior secondary academics but this is not enough for admission as the merit list for the admission considers the performance in the board examinations only.

Now since you have secured 76 marks in your JEE Mains so you are not eligible for the admission in the NIT if you are a general candidate as the qualification marks for the same for the general category for the current year is 105 marks which was 120 marks for the past two years.

But you have the chance of getting admission in NIT if you belong to categories like OBC , SC & ST as the cutoff for these categories for present year is 70 marks , 44 marks and 40 marks respectively which was three marks lesser than the cutoffs for previous two years examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?