14th September 2020, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get BDS admission with 48% in 12th?

Hi Sir, I have scored only 48% marks in my 12th standard. I want to join Dental college because I am interested to study BDS program. Can I get admission for this course with this percentage of marks?

15th September 2020, 08:02 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get BDS admission with 48% in 12th?

To pursue BDS (Bachelor of Dental Science) degree course from any medical or Dental across India, you are required to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) UG held by NTA once every year.

Further, the basic education required for appearing in the same examination is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in PCB combination from a recognised board of education. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates.

So, if you have managed 50% marks (or 40% in case of reserved category candidates) in aggregate in PCB combination, then you are eligible to appear in NEET UG and therefore for pursuing BDS provided you qualify the entrance test, irrespective of your overall percentage of marks in Class 12th.

For complete details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
15th September 2020, 08:25 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

BDS is Bachelor in Dental Surgery. It is four year course from a recognised university

The common eligibility to appear for the entrance examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in PCB as main paper.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for NEET is 50% , there is relaxation for reserved category.

So, if you belong to reserved category than eligible to appear for examination.
15th September 2020, 12:02 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Can I get BDS admission with 48% in 12th?

Can I get BDS admission with 48% in 12th

No, Minimum Percentage of marks is differ from College to College . So, If you score More than 50% Percentage of mark in 12th board Examination than you may get admission for BDS Course and relaxation will applicable for 5% Percentage of marks. Also BDS entrance test of NEET, the minimum marks in 12th is 50%
15th September 2020, 05:06 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

To apply for BDS course/Admission, candidate must have scored minimum of 50% in grade 12th with Physics, chemistry, biology background.
Apart from academic score you need to appear for NEET exam
15th September 2020, 06:27 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery which is actually a dental course.

To pursue this course from a recognized institute/college, you must have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2 with PCB stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology) from a recognized Board.

As you have secured 48% marks, so you may not get admission into BDS course in any dental college.

I have listed below some of the popular dental colleges of India.
  • College of Dental Sciences, Manipal
  • Maulana Azad Institute, Delhi
  • Govt Dental College, Bangalore
  • Saveetha Dental College, Chennai
  • AB Shetty Mem Inst of Dental Sc, Mangalore
  • SRM Dental College, Chennai
  • Amrita Inst of Medical Sciences, Kochi
  • Govt Dental College, Thiruvananthapuram
  • Govt Dental Coll & Hospital, Mumbai
  • Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai
  • Dr R. Ahmed Dental College, Kolkata
  • Bapuji Dental Coll & Hospital, Dawangere
  • College of Dental Sciences, Dawangere
  • Faculty of Dental Sciences, Lucknow
  • Meenakshi Ammal Dental College, Chennai
15th September 2020, 07:47 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To apply for bachelor of dental surgery course then you should complete 10 + 2 cos in science stream with biology / physics and mathematics subjects from recognised University.

Minimum percentage of marks is it differ from college to college.
So, if used for more than 50% of marks in 12th board examination then you may get admission for BDS course and relaxation will applicable for 5% of marks.
10th August 2022, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in BDS college without neet if I scored 69% in 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?