1st September 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I give IAS exam after completing BCA?

I m completed of bca can i give ias exm...pleaes tell me if its possible for me to give the exam

2nd September 2011, 08:09 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I give IAS exam after completing BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m completed of bca can i give ias exm...pleaes tell me if its possible for me to give the exam
Information Regarding IAS Examination.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India as the post of IAS officer. IAS officer job is known as the best job of India. To appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

As per your question if you are a BCA holder candidate then you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination because BCA course is equivalent to graduation degree. So, according to eligibility criteria you are eligible to apply for IAS exam. Do preparation well for this examination and crack this exam.

For any more information regarding IAS examination, i advise you to visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
2nd September 2011, 08:22 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I.A.S i.e Indian Administrative Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.It is the one of the best services in the Union Public Service Commission.The I.A.S examination is also known as the CSE(Civil Service Examination).

Education Qualification :-

The candidate must have a completed graduation from any recognized university or equivalent Qualification and candidates who are appearing in the final semester of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Age limits :-

The candidates(he/she) age should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.Upper age limits is applicable for SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.

So,after completing your bachelor degree,you are eligible to apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
2nd September 2011, 10:30 AM
ravi6

Dear,

yes,you can go for IAS exam. Because the eligibility of IAS exam is graduation
in any field. so you can take IAS exam.

Login to www.upsc.gov.in

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd September 2011, 10:44 AM
rana2011
Banned

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India as the post of IAS officer. IAS officer job is known as the best job of India. To appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

ELIGIBILITY:-

**Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IAS examination.

**The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

For any more information regarding IAS examination, visit the official website of UPSC:-"http://www.upsc.gov.in"

Thanks!!
2nd September 2011, 11:47 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give IAS exam after completing BCA?

Quote:
Hey friend,

Details for IAS:

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

Yeah you can apply for the IAS exam after BCA as it is a degree.

The candidates must satisfy certain eligibility conditions to apply for the IAS exam

Eligibility for IAS:

Candidate must have a citizenship in India.

Age limits:

Candidate must have age limit of 21-30 years for General category.

Candidate must have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST category.

Candidate must have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC category.

Education Qualification:

Candidate who have done their degree from a recognized university can apply for the exam.

Candidate who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for the IAS exam.

As you have done your BCA,check whether you satisfy other criteria's including education qualification.

All the best.
2nd September 2011, 01:02 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can apply for IAS exam after completion of BCA course..

IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year...
To appear in IAS exam, you have to fulfill some criteria first...
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation from a recognized university at least..
*The candidate should not have any due backlog during the graduation course..
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years ..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

These are the criteria you have to fulfill , to appear in IAS exam..
So, go for it..
All the best..
2nd September 2011, 01:19 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can apply for IAS exam after completion of BCA course..

IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year...
To appear in IAS exam, you have to fulfill some criteria first...
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation from a recognized university at least..
*The candidate should not have any due backlog during the graduation course..
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years ..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

These are the criteria you have to fulfill , to appear in IAS exam..
So, go for it..
All the best..
2nd September 2011, 07:50 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

after completion of bca course you can attempt ias exam .
because graduation is the minimum requirement for attempting ias exam.

and another important requirement is your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

for more information about ias exam and for latest notifications about exam kindly visit website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks and best of luck
11th April 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

can a bca student of ignou can give the exam of ias?
15th August 2012, 02:11 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

I.A.S i.e Indian Administrative Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.It is the one of the best services in the Union Public Service Commission.The I.A.S examination is also known as the CSE(Civil Service Examination).

Education Qualification :-

The candidate must have a completed graduation from any recognized university or equivalent Qualification and candidates who are appearing in the final semester of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Age limits :-

The candidates(he/she) age should be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.Upper age limits is applicable for SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories.

So,after completing your bachelor degree,you are eligible to apply for this examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?