16th March 2012, 11:30 AM
dilipgamit

Can I give IAS mains exam 2 optional papers and essay in one Indian Language in Gujarati Language?

can i give ias main exam 2 optional papers & essay & one indian language in gujarati language ??

28th June 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give IAS mains exam 2 optional papers and essay in one Indian Language in Gujarati Language?

i writ ias mains exam compalsary essay in bengali language.
12th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give IAS mains exam 2 optional papers and essay in one Indian Language in Gujarati Language?

what is the duration of essay programme in Main I.A.S?
13th November 2012, 04:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Serivce. You can become IAS officer by clearing the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC - Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage requirement.

Age Limit

1. For General - 21 to 30 years.

2. For OBC - 21 to 33 years.

3. For SC/ST - 21 to 35 years.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Examination

3) Interview

The Indian Administrative Service Exam by UPSC is conducted in only two languages. These languages are Hindi and English. Only the Indian Language Paper is conducted in other language, which is chosen by the candidate.

For rest of the papers, there is no other option but Hindi and English. Even if you decides to choose Hindi, there will be paper in English which is part of the Main Exam. Therefore it is must that you can fluently write one of these two languages.

Even in optional papers, you are given no other option but English and Hindi languages. A total of 4 papers are conducted in the Main Exam on optional subjects. Candidates are asked to select two subjects for these papers. But the exam will be conducted in one of the two languages.
13th November 2012, 11:01 PM
azhardon

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Serivce. You can become IAS officer by clearing the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC - Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage requirement.

Age Limit

1. For General - 21 to 30 years.

2. For OBC - 21 to 33 years.

3. For SC/ST - 21 to 35 years.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Examination

3) Interview

The Indian Administrative Service Exam by UPSC is conducted in only two languages. These languages are Hindi and English. Only the Indian Language Paper is conducted in other language, which is chosen by the candidate.

For rest of the papers, there is no other option but Hindi and English. Even if you decides to choose Hindi, there will be paper in English which is part of the Main Exam. Therefore it is must that you can fluently write one of these two languages.

Even in optional papers, you are given no other option but English and Hindi languages. A total of 4 papers are conducted in the Main Exam on optional subjects. Candidates are asked to select two subjects for these papers. But the exam will be conducted in one of the two languages.
14th November 2012, 10:36 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipgamit View Post
can i give ias main exam 2 optional papers & essay & one indian language in gujarati language ??
HI!
Civil services exam is conducted only in two language that is Hindi and English.

If you want you can chose any two optional subject.

List of optional subject like:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

You can chose any language optional subject.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
14th March 2013, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I AM GUJARATI
PLS HELP ME CAN I GIVE THE IAS EXAM IN GUJARATI LANGUAGE
IF YES ,PLS PROVIDE WHICH PAPERS I GIVE OUT OF 9 PAPERS IN GUJARATI LANGUAGE
PLS REPLY IMMEDIATELY
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?