31st January 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

How can I give IAS exam in Gujarati language? I've completed my graduation but my English is poor

I want to clear the ias exam but my english is poor. So can igive this exam in gujarati language? I have completed my graduation . So give me a guidence for this

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give IAS mains exam 2 optional papers and essay in one Indian Language in Gujarati Language?
  2. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
  3. How much importance is given to English Language in JPSC exam?
  4. How can I score 90+ marks in 10th exam?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?
  6. Does JNU provides MA degree in English language?
  7. In which language the interview will be taken English or my mother tongue? How to prepare for SBI Clerk interview?
  8. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  9. What should I do to prepare for IAS examination after completion of MA English graduation?
  10. Am I eligible to do MA English after completion of graduation in fashion technology?
  11. How may I get IC-34 book in either Gujarati or Hindi language?
  12. After b.tech should I go for IAS ? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. IAS officer after graduation in commerce? -- [New]
  14. List of Books and Study Materials Preferred for the Preparation of Gujarati Grammar and Gujarati Literature in GPSC and UPSC Exam?
  15. Solved Papers of GPSC Exam for Last 10 Years (Gujarati Language)?
  16. Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?
  17. How to join ICWA Intermediate course after completing B.Com graduation?
  18. What is the age limit for GPSC exam? Can I give the exam in Gujarati?
16th March 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I give IAS exam in Gujarati language? I've completed my graduation but my English is poor

can i give ias main exam in gujarati language 2 optional papers & one language paper ? english compulsory papers is must be give in english language that i knw but wts about other papers? 2 optional ,essay & one indian language can i give them in gujarati language with schedule 8???plz rep
25th February 2013, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I give IAS exam in Gujarati language? I've completed my graduation but my English is poor

can i give IAS exam in gujarati?
25th February 2013, 05:04 PM
royal@m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Applicant,
-Sorry,but there is no provision to write the exams conducted by the UPSC in Gujarati.
-The two languages you can opt for,while writing the UPSC exams are either ENGLISH or HINDI,as English is more frequent,connective and used to all.On the other hand Hindi is the national language.
-You can opt for Gujarati only as the optional subject in Language,during the Mains exams of the Civil Services conducted by the UPSC,where along with the optional language subject,you opt for two other subjects,for the Mains,which carry 1200 marks.
-Hence,I would recommend you to prepare for the examinations,either in Hindi or in English,according to your convenience.
-For further details and notifications,you can visit the official website of UPSC-
www.upsc.gov.in
25th February 2013, 07:42 PM
mayankt

Quote:
Hi,

Yes you can give IAS exam in gujarati
UPSC : Civil Services Exam Paper Pattern (Gujarati )
Note : Answers must be written in Gujarati
Paper I
Section A
*. Gujarati Language: Form and history
*. History of Gujarati Language with special reference to New Indo-Aryan i.e. last one thousand years
*. Significant features of the Gujarati language: Phonology, morphology and syntax
*. Major dialects: Surti, Pattani, charotari and Saurashtri
*. History of Gujarati Literature
*. Medieval:
*. Jaina tradition
*. Bhakti tradition: Sagun and Nirgun (Jnanmargi)
*. Non-sectarian tradition (Laukik parampara)
*. Modern:
*. Sudharak yug
*. Pandit yug
*. Gandhi yug
*. Anu-Gandhi yug
*. Adhunik yug
Section B
Literary Forms: (Salient features, history and development of the following literary forms):
*. Medieval
*. Narratives: Rasa, Akhyan and Padyavarta
*. Lyrical: Pada
*. Folk
*. Bhavai
*. Modern
*. Fiction: Novel and short story
*. Drama
*. Literary Essay
*. Lyrical Poetry
*. Criticism
*. History of theoretical Gujarati criticism
*. Recent research in folk tradition
Paper II
The paper will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidate.
Section A
*. Medieval
*. Vasantvilas phagu-Ajnatkrut
*. Kadambari-Bhalan
*. Sudamacharitra-Premanand
*. Chandrachandravatini varta-Shamal
*. Akhegeeta-Akho
*. Sudharakyug & Pandityug
*. Mari Hakikat-Narmadashankar Dave
*. Farbasveerah- Dalpatram
*. Saraswatichandra-Part-I Govar-dhanram Tripathi
*. Purvalap- 'Kant' (Manishankar Ratnaji Bhatt)
*. Raino Parvat-Ramanbhai Neel-kanth
Section B
*. Gandhiyug & Anu Gandhiyug
*. Hind Swaraj- Mohandas Kar-machand Gandhi
*. Patanni Prabhuta- Kanhaiyalal Munshi
*. Kavyani Shakti- Ramnarayan Vish-wanath Pathak
*. Saurashtrani Rasdhar Part 1- Zaver-chand Meghani
*. Manvini Bhavai- Pannalal Patel
*. Dhvani- Rajendra Shah
*. Adhunik yug
*. Saptapadi- Umashankar Joshi
*. Janantike- Suresh Joshi
*. Ashwatthama- Sitanshu Yash-aschandra
25th February 2013, 07:47 PM
mayankt

Quote:
Dear Applicant,
-Sorry,but there is no provision to write the exams conducted by the UPSC in Gujarati.
-The two languages you can opt for,while writing the UPSC exams are either ENGLISH or HINDI,as English is more frequent,connective and used to all.On the other hand Hindi is the national language.
-You can opt for Gujarati only as the optional subject in Language,during the Mains exams of the Civil Services conducted by the UPSC,where along with the optional language subject,you opt for two other subjects,for the Mains,which carry 1200 marks.
-Hence,I would recommend you to prepare for the examinations,either in Hindi or in English,according to your convenience.
-For further details and notifications,you can visit the official website of UPSC-
www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?