20th January 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?

i m in 3rd year of B.Sc.Environmental Science
i want to become an IAS officer..
which type of preparation is important for entrance?
and also tell me that from optional subject...which subject is good?
i mean which is more useful in future...?
and how nd from where i get form of IAS?
Is this exam contain any language like gujarati?
or it only contain English...?

19th October 2012, 07:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?

Let me start answering all your questions. First of all, yes you are eligible for IAS after completing B.Sc degree. The requirement for Civil Service Exam is a graduation degree. It does not matter whether you have done Bachelor of Arts, Commerce or Science.

Please check the eligibility criteria below.

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. Age limit is 21 to 30 years as on August 1.

3. Age limit is relaxed for OBC by 3 years.

4. SC/ST gets relaxation of 5 years.

5. The educational requirement is graduation degree in any stream.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

There are two optional subjects in main exams while one in preliminary. You can choose any subject you like from the list given by UPSC. However it is important to choose subject related to your course. Therefore I would suggest that you pick subjects related to your graduation course.

Avoid picking subjects related to Engineering as you will find them very difficult. You can also choose subjects like History and Geography as done by several students.

You should start the IAS preparation as soon as possible. Please note that IAS Exam is conducted in only two langauges - Hindi and English. However you can choose Gujarati language for the Indian Language paper in the Main Exam.

Start your preparation by improving your English skills and general knowledge. Watch and read lot of news. I would suggest that you read english newspapers to improve your English. Please remember that there will be a paper on English language in the Main Exam. Additionally there will be a Essay paper as well.

Now for general studies papers which you should refer to NCERT books for Class 12th on subjects like History, Geography, Economics etc.

For more details and the form of the exam please visit - http://upsc.gov.in/
22nd October 2012, 11:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?

Dear aspirant,

-Yes you are eligible for IAS exam after completing your Graduation in environmental sciences.

-The basic eligibility for IAS exams is Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university .

-You should also satisfy the age criteria means your age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are general category candidate.

-There is age relaxation for SC/ST for 5 years and OBC for 3 years.

-To become a IAS officer you have to pass three stages i.e IAS prelims , IAS mains and Personal interview. Those who pass IAS prelims are called for IAS mains.

-You can choose your optional subject in which you want to give the IAS exam.

-So don’t worry about eligibility and start preparing for the exams.

BEST OF LUCK...
31st October 2012, 03:16 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Of course,!!! You are totally eligible for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES EXAMINATION, commonly known as civil service examination, which is conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC).
As the minimum educational requirements for this examination is a graduation degree , so after the completion of your graduation, you will be eligible for the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION. Through this civil service examination, you can apply for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE, POLICE , & FOREIGN SERVICES (IAS\IPS\IFS) etc etc.
As the final year students are not eligible for this examination, so you can only appear for this examination after the completion of your graduation.

This civil service exami9nation has three stages to be clear by a IAS aspirant-

1. CSAT
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS--

A candidate must possess at least a graduation degree in any stream , but from a recognized college.

You must have Indian nationality.

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.

No of attempts-

Four for the General candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates.

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

DATE-SHEET FOR UPSC EXAM FOR 2012 --

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!!!!
~gamble~
8th January 2013, 05:06 PM
gauraansh

IAS is the exam conducted by upsc.
the eligibility criteria is:
you should be of indian origin
age limit for general is 21 to 30 yrs
for OBC,SC,and ST there is relaxation of age.
you should at least be graduate in any stream.
so,you can apply for exam by choosing subjects of your stream.
IAS is conducted in 3 stages
1}prelims
2}mains
3}interview
11th January 2013, 05:03 PM
gauraansh

IAS exam is conducted by upsc,for giving IAS you should at least complete graduation in any stream from recognised university.so,after completing B.Sc you are eligible to give IAS exam.
eligibility criteria for giving IAS exam:
1]you should be indian citizen
2]age should be between 21-30 years for general,5 years age relaxation for SC and ST candidates and 3 years for OBC.
3]must be graduate in any stream.
for giving IAS forms are available in january-february.
exam is conducted in 3stages
prelims
mains
interview.
for latest updates you can visit upsc site www.upsc.gov
22nd January 2013, 12:12 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can apply for the civil service examination after the completion of your graduation. The civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. First of all a preliminary examination is conducted and candidates who successfully cleared the preliminary examination will be called for the main examination and then the interview. The eligibility criteria required for the civil service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the civil service examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

Age Limit
For the civil service examination a candidate should be between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is given to reserved category candidates as per the govt. rule.

For more information regarding the civil service examination you can also visit at the below web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2013, 08:15 PM
mayankt

Hi
Yes you are eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science coz for this exam any graduate from recognised university can apply
If you want to become an IAS Officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

Good Luck.....
11th February 2015, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

now am in 11th and i want to IAS and am interested in bio or phy then what i do
1st September 2020, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Environmental science is useful for UPSC exam.
Environmental science is optional subjects in UPSC exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?