23rd July 2013, 03:54 PM
Anjan Naik

Can I join IIT if my 12th rank is 55%

if i will get 1st rank at iit can i able to join at iit if my 12mark is 55%?

Related Questions:
  1. What minimum rank should be scored in IIT-JEE to get Aeronautical Engg.?
  2. Can I join IIT Foundation class after passing 12th?
  3. Being 12th passed is mandatory to join IIT? Can I join IIT after Diploma or on 10th basis? -- [New]
  4. How much gate score and rank required to join in iit's?
  5. Which books to refer in 12th to crack IIT JEE?
  6. Should I join in NIT rourkela after scoring 213 marks in IIT JEE, 407 rank in AIEEE and 52 in OJEE?
  7. How much rank to get in order to join CSE branch in IIT Kharagpur?
  8. How much rank to be scored in GATE to join the IIT's for Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  9. Is there any possibility to get a seat in IITs after scoring 546 in GATE with 97.70 percentile with 1863 rank? Can I get MS in IIT? Job opportunities for MS in IITs? Which is good between MS and M.Tech in IIT?
  10. How to get good rank in IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?
  12. Which courses have to be chosen to become a Pilot?
  13. How should we get a good rank in IIT JEE? Is junior or senior intermediate course for IIT important? Can I get a rank by learning for IIT in 2nd year?
  14. Which course can I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  15. What can I do after passing 10th class? I am interested in software engineering, hacking and web designing
  16. Can I appear for IIT JEE 2 times after passing 12th in 2nd year?
  17. Rank needed to get through AIEEE or IIT JEE?
  18. How can i Join coaching? I am studying in class 12th
2nd December 2014, 10:25 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join IIT if my 12th rank is 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjan Naik View Post
if i will get 1st rank at iit can i able to join at iit if my 12mark is 55%?
For admission in IIT , you have to clear JEE Main and JEE advance. There are some eligibility criteria which you must satisfy to apply for this exam.

You can apply if you are 12th appearing/passed.
There are only two attempts for JEE , that too in consecutive times.
You must be in top 20 percentile of your state board in 12th exam.

If you satisfy all these , then you can apply for JEE Mains , in which 1,50,000 are selected who then apply for JEE advance.

Since in your case, you have 55% . Although there are very low chances of you , be in top 20 percentile. So, either you can apply for re exam to improve percentage or apply for some other entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?