15th February 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army or Navy having completed 10th class and with an age of 18 years?

Respected Sir,

I am form Darjeeling and i am 18 years of age and i havn't completed my 10+2 exam and i want to join Indian Army or Indian Navy.Sir, can i join Indian Army or Navy with my 10th pass certificate?

15th February 2012, 01:32 PM
drarunbata

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army or Navy having completed 10th class and with an age of 18 years?

see the age criterion in army website...............if doesnot suits u ,try to join after graduation ................can get some breather reg age critera...................NB:there r some relaxations 4 reserved classes reg age.
15th February 2012, 02:30 PM
bunty00

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army or Navy having completed 10th class and with an age of 18 years?

hy,
here is the pdf for age limit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf elgibility_criteria.pdf(19.9 KB, 236 views)
15th February 2012, 04:03 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

Yes, you can join Indian aRMY OR nAVY IN 10 TH CLASS bUT THERE
is some problems like there is no qualification and post for this...

First you study minimum graduation then according to your field you entry in
this branch....
15th February 2012, 05:07 PM
prakash382

how can i join in army?
15th February 2012, 06:42 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of 10th class you want to join in Indian Army or navy wing..

But to apply for Army or NAVY wing you have to complete the 12th class first..
After completion of 12th class you can appear in NDA exam , through NDA exam you can join in different sections of India defense..

To appear in NDA exam your age should be in between 16.5-19 years..
As you are 18 years old now, then to complete the 12th class you need two more years..
So, when you are going to appear in 12th class board exam , then you will be 20 years old..
That means you will not be eligible for NDA exam..

The only option left is you should go for your graduation course..After completion of graduation course you will be able to join in Indian defense through CDS exam..
CDS exam is a defense service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for Indian defense..
So, try to complete the graduation course after completion of 12th class..

All the best.
15th February 2012, 07:41 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

No, You can't join any of the defense services of India after completing 10th std. Because you must have at least 12th std to join in any of the Indian Defense Services through NDA exam conducted by UPSC. And for joining in Navy you must choose science as your stream in 11th and 12th std.
15th February 2012, 10:17 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I join Indian Army or Navy having completed 10th class and with an age of 18 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,

I am form Darjeeling and i am 18 years of age and i havn't completed my 10+2 exam and i want to join Indian Army or Indian Navy.Sir, can i join Indian Army or Navy with my 10th pass certificate?

How To Join Indian Armed Forces

In order to join the Indian Armed Forces..you need to appear for the NDA (National Defense Academy) Exam which is conducted 2 times every year in the months of April and August by the UPSC for admissions to the following armed forces :-

Army
Air Force
Navy

Candidates willing to appear for the NDA exam must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must have completed his 12th or appearing for the board exams from a recognized board..

2) The candidate must be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years as seen on 1st July of the year of the exam..

Unless you do not complete your 12th..you are not eligible to join the armed forces..

Go through the physical requirements for the candidates provided in the attachments..

The next NDA exam is going to be held on 15th April,2012..

The last date to submit the forms for the exam in April is already gone which was 30th January,2012..

In case you have missed out on the exam then you can apply for the exam which is going to be conducted on 19th August,2012..

The forms for the exam shall release on 5th May,2012 and the last date to submit the forms is 4th June,2012..

For any more details on the exam you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

The exam will consist of 2 papers..

The first exam will be of General Ability which will test your knowledge of General Knowledge and Current Affairs..

The second paper will test your basic knowledge of Science, Maths and English..

I have attached some previous year question papers so that you get an idea of the questions you are going to face in the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc NDA Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 80 views)
15th February 2012, 10:28 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Hello
Yes, you can join Indian aRMY OR nAVY IN 10 TH CLASS bUT THERE
is some problems like there is no qualification and post for this...

First you study minimum graduation then according to your field you entry in
this branch..
15th February 2012, 10:55 PM
m.khushhal

Dear Aspireant..

Yes you can apply for Defense but before that you have to for

12th.. You have to pass 12th before 21 years of age..
15th February 2012, 11:41 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
AS you have completed your 10+2 then you can apply for NDA exam , but you have not mention about your stream this exam can be given by science stream students .

after graduation you can apply some details are as follows......

Good luck...........
15th February 2012, 11:51 PM
adlsm

HI
After completion of 10th class you want to join in Indian Army or navy wing..

But to apply for Army or NAVY wing you have to complete the 12th class first..
After completion of 12th class you can appear in NDA exam , through NDA exam you can join in different sections of India defense..

To appear in NDA exam your age should be in between 16.5-19 years..
As you are 18 years old now, then to complete the 12th class you need two more years..
So, when you are going to appear in 12th class board exam , then you will be 20 years old..
That means you will not be eligible for NDA exam..

The only option left is you should go for your graduation course..After completion of graduation course you will be able to join in Indian defense through CDS exam..
CDS exam is a defense service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for Indian defense..
So, try to complete the graduation course after completion of 12th class..

All the best.
15th February 2012, 11:57 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join the Indian Army after 10th class as though your age lies in between the age limit i.e. 16.5 to 19 years but you have passed only 10th class instead of 12th.

So it is advisable to you that you should go for your graduation course..After completion of graduation course you will be able to join in Indian defense through CDS exam..
CDS exam is a defense service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for Indian defense.

But as in the Indian Army a physical fitness is necessary for each candidate so its better for you that you should start your fitness from now so that in future you can easily pass your physical fitness test.
16th February 2012, 01:37 PM
rahulshukla64000

Quote:
Respected Sir,

no to join NDA u should a 12th class pass certificate or the one who is in 12th class can also apply.minimum age to join it is 17 yrs.
16th February 2012, 10:35 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected Sir,

HI,
If you are appearing in 12th board exam then you can apply for Indian Navy at the age of 18 year..
But if you are in 11th class then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for
joining Indian Navy..

After 12th you have to qualify the N.D.A exam..

But If you are not eligible then don't worry you can apply after passing the graduation..
After passing graduation you have to qualify the C.D.S exam

C.D.S is Combine Defence Services..

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C. twice in a year..

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
25th February 2012, 02:16 AM
tanu47

Dear,
Yes you can apply for Defense but before that you have to clear ur 12th standard exam`s. You have to pass 12th before 21 years of age.
All the very best.
28th February 2012, 07:07 AM
mohitsahu2512

The candidates who have 10th standard qualification can join Indian Army. The selection process is based on the exam conducted by UPSC. This is for the post of Soldiers and Technical officers. For the post of officer the candidates requires training from any reputed Army Institute. Those who have 10+2 can apply for the NDA and for joining IMA the candidate should be a graduate. The NDA and CDS exam are carried out by UPSC twice in a year. The procedure includes a written test, physical test and medical test. A group test and personal interview will be there also at final stage. Separate exams are conducted for both the graduates and 10+2 candidates. The training will be also given separately. For the post of technical assistant the candidates should be between 16 to 32 years and to join as a soldier the age limit is 16 to 30 years.
2nd March 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Miss HARJASPREET

Dear sir
After completing 12th can i have join to study in university of america
9th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Ankur.Sunny

No, you cannot join Indian Army or Navy by just completing 10th class as according to the eligibility criteria to join Indian army or Navy only those candidates who are currently doing 10 2 with science stream can apply and those who have cleared 10 2 can join Indian Army, Navy or Air force. And also the candidates appearing for the exam must have age in between 16 &1/2 to 19 years subsequent to the year of the exam.
After completing your 10 2, you will not fulfill the age requirements for Army or Navy.
Therefore, you should prepare for Combined Defence Service (CDS) held two times in a year by UPSC government. For more information goto the upsc official site www.upsc.gov.in
Good luck for your future.
11th April 2012, 06:08 PM
bablucena9

hello,
To join nda exam you should pass 12 atleast.
To join nda exam:-
you should be 12th passed from recognized central/state board of education.
Or
You can also apply while appearing for 12th standard.
Your Age should be with in 16.5 to 19 years.
You should be Unmarried, Male & citizen of India.
For more detail,
Just log in www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2012, 02:14 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Respected Sir,

Yes you can join Indian Army after 10th b but as a Soldier.

I would suggest you to wait for another 2 years and answer NDA after you pass 12th.

Its an entrance exam which recruits candidates for Defense services of India. The eligibility is that you should get atleast 60%

Yes height does matter and its most important. The minimum height is different for different posts but on an average 157 Cms is a must

1st August 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

sir.... i m tanuj... and i m a girl.... can i join the indian army... its my aim that i become a major.... but my age in that time is 18 .... so sir can i join army... but i have no any idea to how i can join plz sir give me some detail how i get a job in indin army...........
30th October 2013, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

respected sir...i m meenu sharma...can i join the indian navy.....its my aim that i become kernel....but my age in that is 18...sir can i join navy....but i have no any idea to how i can join plz sir give me some detail how i get a job in indian navy........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?