30th December 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Will I get paid in the Training process?

Hello,
M a mechanical engieering student...aftr cmpltng my studies can I join merchant navy and wil I get paid while the training process

Related Questions:
  1. How to do training in merchant navy in oil taker? What is the process for it?
  2. What type of jobs are there in Merchant Navy for HSC passed students?
  3. Process of doing Merchant Navy after Bachelor's in Mass Media?
  4. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  5. Procedure to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student? -- [New]
  6. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  8. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  9. How should IT Engineers join Merchant Navy jobs?
  10. Joining process of Merchant Navy after BE from a college of AICTE?
  11. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  12. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. What steps to be taken to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Common application form for non upsc entries? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  16. Can I join merchant navy after completing mechanical engineering in automobile specialization
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Information regarding the Entrance Exam for this?
  18. Can i join merchant navy after completing B.Tech from mechanical engineering
15th February 2012, 04:40 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Will I get paid in the Training process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
M a mechanical engieering student...aftr cmpltng my studies can I join merchant navy and wil I get paid while the training process
Just after completion of your Mechanical Engineering program, you won't be eligible to join Merchant Ships. In order to join any Merchant Ship as an Junior Engineer, you will have to undergo a 1 years pre-sea course offered by various institutes including Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Navi Mumbai.
The Pre-Sea training is mandatory to be eligible for the post of Junior Engineer on any Merchant Ships.
The fee for the Pre-sea training is Rs.140000.

As far as payment during training period is concerned, you will be entitled to a salary only after you join any shipping company and start your training program on board.
12th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Will I get paid in the Training process?

How do i know that a particular institute is authentic & not fake (any registration or affiliation no.as such that should be seen).How much is the demand for merchant navy technician (I have cleared my BE in electronics & telecommunication Engineering) & is job guaranteed? Do engineers really get salary in lakhs per month? Should I pay placement charges as demanded by the institute in lakhs?Does the job require one to stay 6 months on duty & rest 6 months in home?
24th September 2013, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

after completion of BE mechanical,, how to join merchant navy ???
21st October 2013, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bachelors in mechanical engineering, can i join merchant navy course after 1year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?