31st May 2012, 10:04 PM
deepesh valecha

Can I join merchant navy after scoring 67% in 10th, 65% in 12th?

can i join merchant navy with 67% of marks in 10 and 65% of marks in 12

23rd June 2012, 06:50 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy after scoring 67% in 10th, 65% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepesh valecha View Post
can i join merchant navy with 67% of marks in 10 and 65% of marks in 12
hi
The educational qualification for joining merchant navy are:

Educational qualification: The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. He should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.

Selection: Candidates are selected for the B.Sc. Nautical Science degree of TS Chanakya, Mumbai; and the four-year Marine Engineering degree course at Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI), in Calcutta and Mumbai, known as DMET, through the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), which assesses the candidate’s knowledge of physics, chemistry and mathematics. The examination is followed by personal interviews/counseling, where the interviewers assess the degree of alertness, and awareness of the external environment, in the candidates and their suitability for a career in the Merchant Navy.
20th March 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

what are different degrees in SCIENCE excluding MBBS , M.Sc and some more known degrees? How many job offers science have ?
20th January 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

my hight is 5.2fet and i want to job in merchant nave
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?