23rd January 2012, 08:01 PM
trisha 23

Can I opt for science if my Maths is weak?

i want to take up science in 11th and to do so i have to get good grades in maths and science.But my maths grades seem to be staggering a bit.what should i do?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to take Science stream in 11th if my Maths is weak? -- [New]
  2. Can I opt for Economics Hons if I am weak in Maths?
  3. What can be the possible career for me after 12th science if I am weak in maths?
  4. Should I study BBA if completed 12th Science but weak in Maths?
  5. What shall I do being a Science candidate weak in Maths and English and interested to do Engineering?
  6. Which stream to choose in 11th standard if Science is liked but not Maths?
  7. Which is better for me between Diploma and 12th Science being weak in Maths?
  8. Can I go for MCA if I opt fo medical in 11th class?
  9. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the minimum marks required in class 10th to get science, maths stream in class 11th
  11. Which stream should I opt for Science or commerce?
  12. Am I eligible to opt for science after scoring 96% in science and 97% in Maths?
  13. Chemical engineering for a student weak in physics and maths and interested in Chemistry?
  14. Which stream should I choose between Science and Commerce being a candidate good at Biology and little weak in Maths?
  15. Can I choose Civil Engineering if i am weak in Maths and Physics?
  16. What should I opt after BCA if I am weak in programming and not interested in pursuing MCA?
  17. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  18. What should I choose after 10th board exam if I want to do Aeronautical Engineering but weak in Maths and Interested in Commerce?

23rd January 2012, 08:51 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: Can I opt for science if my Maths is weak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha 23 View Post
i want to take up science in 11th and to do so i have to get good grades in maths and science.But my maths grades seem to be staggering a bit.what should i do?
If your interenst and goal is on science then you can go for science.
But the only thing is to work hard.
You want to take admission in good college means concentrate most on the subject which you think its difficult for you.
Regularly solving problems helpfull to understand the concept of mathematics.

23rd January 2012, 09:18 PM
spandana nallapati

Smile Re: Can I opt for science if my Maths is weak?

if you are good at science then you are capable of doing maths.focus on the maths first.first get grip in maths fundamentals.then practice every day.iam sure you wiil be good at maths. all the best.........

23rd January 2012, 10:11 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Default Re: Can I opt for science if my Maths is weak?

Dear
If you are weak in Maths, you can improve on it by practicing everyday..If you are really interested in opting Science, then you have to try hard to to improve on it....I can suggest you a few books which you can practice..
M.L. Khanna
R.D Sharma
R.S. Agarwal
You can also solve Vedic Maths to increase your speed of solving sums.
If you really try with determination in mind, you will succeed..
In the end I would just like to say that, "TRY, TRY AND TRY AGAIN AND AT LAST YOU WILL SUCCEED."
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra

28th March 2013, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Can i opt for sci and maths with IP

30th March 2013, 01:57 AM
debparna

Smile Re: Can I opt for science if my Maths is weak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha 23 View Post
Dear Friend,
I Would like to agree with many, that if you are good in maths then the subjects related to science would be easier for you to understand. But, nowadays there are many subjects or stream which does not require that knowledge of mathematics, to be very precise the harder parts of mathematics. Only the application part of mathematics is there.

Example:
You can take up combinations without mathematics;
such as
1. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Nutrition
which can help you to be a nutritionist in your later life, or you can take
up more than 75% subjects related to biology. Further You can opt for
a. B. Pharm courses
b. Medical and dentistry
c. B.Sc in the above subjects
and many more

2. Geology, Physics, Chemistry and environmental science
(in this combination you may have to study mathematics in higher level,
specially statistics)

You can avail many such combinations depending on the school you opt for and the board of studies.

But in my Opinion you should keep mathematics as one of your subjects, because then you will have a lot of opportunities in front of you; and if your your field of interest is towards technical side then MATHS is must.

You can be good in the subject, by solving as many problems as you can. Anything is possible if we try.

GOOD LUCK!

30th March 2013, 03:56 PM
careerguide

Hi Trisha,

It's very tough for you but remember one thing that if you work hard then sure you'll get success. Math is totally depends on practice, you should practice 4-5 times which part is your weak in not only math but also every subject.

Best of luck!

24th April 2014, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

My son is a student of madhyamik, west bengal board. He wish to carry his academic carrier with biological science without math. My question is it possible in the near future to continue his study without math for brighter higher education ?

17th May 2014, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

i liked all the science subjects till 10th and i am really good at them i am good at maths too but not as good as science..i am a hard worker not very intelligent but i work hard .. my sister suggests i should take up commerce after 10th because being a science student she finds science boring but my father would prefer i do 2 with science .. i am really confused . i could take up commerce but i actually don't know what i'd be dealing with or if i would like it or not.. i would like to be a professor in future but how could i be a good professor if i don't like the subject i teach myself.. do i need extraordinary mind to get a very good college like iits or nits or i could get there if i work really hard?

9th June 2015, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I am totally weak in maths but interested in physics,chemistry, English, Social science and computer please tell me what can i do for my better carier?

14th June 2015, 12:49 PM
shomo1234

Maths is very important no matter what field you take.If you are not comfortable in maths then I don't think you should opt for engineering because there you will have to study a lot of maths which can get really tough.
But if you still want to go for science then you may think about going for medical because there your emphasis will be on biology more than maths.You will have maths but that would be elementary and it won't be your core subject so you may not worry about it.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?