22nd May 2014, 02:40 AM
shatavishajds

Can I opt for Economics Hons if I am weak in Maths?

can I opt for eco hons if I'm weak in math?...Please tell me the details

Related Questions:
  1. Should I count Maths in the best of four for Economics Honors after it being my weak subject?
  2. How to get a government job after completing B.Com Hons? Which books should I follow as my maths is very weak
  3. Can I do B.Com Economics Hons after passing IP instead of Maths?
  4. How to do Hons in Economics or Commerce after passing 12th?
  5. Is it important to have Maths in 10+2 to purse Economics Honors?
  6. Is maths compulsory for economics honours? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can i pursue MA Economics after B.Com Hons..?
  8. Can I take economic hons without Maths? Which are the colleges?
  9. Which course is better for me between BA Economics Honors and BA in Maths Commerce? Scope of these both courses?
  10. Can I get Economics Hons in B.A after scoring 304 marks? Colleges offering Economics Honors without Maths in 12th?
  11. What are the top 4 counting subjects in Economics Honors?
  12. Is BA(hons.) from Amity a good course for getting a job? Is BBA from IPU a good option after 84% marks in 12th without Maths?
  13. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  14. Am I eligible for economics Hons after completing 12th with 86% with science stream
  15. What is the best option between Statistics Hons and economics Hons? Which is the best college under Delhi University and Economics?
  16. Am I eligible for economics hons in Delhi school of Economics?
  17. Entrance Exams for admission in B.A. (Economics Hons.)
  18. Which are the good college options for B.A Hons Economics?
10th December 2015, 12:52 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I opt for Economics Hons if I am weak in Maths?

Economics is a subject that has no scope horizons for it. Its usage in the market is endless and evergreen thereby making it a very hot course to study as of now. It is of little doubt that people with Economics Honors degrees are in high demand because of their knowledge and expertise.

As far as your concern goes, it would be wrong to state that Economics has got no mathematics content in it. I have hereby attached a sample syllabus/curriculum for the the Economics Hons. that is offered in Delhi University. It has a detailed course written in easy to understand format and so that you can go through it and understand the requirements in terms of mathematics knowledge.

I would still say if you are not good or otherwise bad in maths and calculations, you may not make a very good economist. Its is always better to choose a career where your strength lies. On the other hand if you look at it with a positive frame of mind and decide upon working hard on your weaknesses then overcoming this difficulty should not be a concern.

Basically, there are many courses such as the BA (Economics), BSc. (Hons) (Economics), BA(Hons) (Economics), BA (Business Economics) etc and so on depending on from which college you are doing it. However, it is all the same or similar when it comes to the course/study content.

Some of the top colleges that grant this course are:

Delhi School of Economics
University of Bombay
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata
Presidency College Kolkata
Banaras Hindu University etc.

Also kindly note the following career options are available once a student is done with studying this course about Economics:

Economist
Executive
Economic advisor
Financial analyst
Researcher
Consultant
Business analyst etc.

Therefore, in terms of scope and acceptability its great. But you have to decide if you can put in the hard work that would be required to overcome your weakness about maths and still excel in this field. Otherwise, I would recommend going for something else.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 8512_BA_H_Eco.pdf(161.8 KB, 248 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?