29th December 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Can I prepare for IAS exam if I am a student pursuing B.Com Hons from DU?

I am a student pursuing B.com(Hons) from D.U. Can I make preparation for IAS exam? What preparation should I do ? Is there any percentage eligibility after graduation completion?

11th March 2013, 03:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for IAS exam if I am a student pursuing B.Com Hons from DU?

There are no percentage requirements for IAS. Graduation is the basic qualification required. Preparations can be done on the basis of exam syllabus. There will be questions based on aptitude, Indian constitution, Indian polity, World/India’s Geography, etc. For mains exam you can select a subject related to finance or commerce. Detailed exam syllabus can be collected from UPSC portal. Reference books and previous year question papers can be used for exam preparation.
11th March 2013, 06:12 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for IAS exam if I am a student pursuing B.Com Hons from DU?

Eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams is:
Graduation pass in any Stream

AGE- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

ATTEMPTS- General candidates- 4 times
OBC- 7 times
SC/ST- No such restriction

This exam is held in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interview

In the Prelims Exams there will be two papers.
Both these papers will be of objective type

Questions will be from below topics in these papers:
Paper one
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights
Issues, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require
subject specialization.
General Science.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics,
Social Sector initiatives, etc.

Paper Two
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and problem-solving
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
English Language Comprehension skills
25th March 2013, 05:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student pursuing B.com(Hons) from D.U. Can I make preparation for IAS exam? What preparation should I do ? Is there any percentage eligibility after graduation completion?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services .IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year .This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed Graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.Final year student are applicable for IAS Exam.

Yes , B.Com Pursuing Candidate can applicable here .

The age eligibility criteria is -

Minimum age - 21 years old.
Maximum age - 30 years old.

Your age now 21 years old so you are applicable for IAS exam .

Permissible No of Attempts in IAS exam -

For General Category - 4
For OBC - 7
For SC/ST - No limit

IAS exam is consist of 3 process - Preliminary Exam . Mains Exam and Personal Interview .If you have completed 1st round then you are eligible for next round.

1 . For IAS Preparation Tips Click Me .

2 . For IAS Preparation Tips Click Me .

IAS Exam notification is already released in UPSC website .I have listed the exam date for IAS Exam.Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013 .So for online application you may log into www.upsconline.nic.in.

For more details about IAS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in

26th March 2013, 12:39 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IAS Stands Indian Administrative Service

IAS exam is a one of the Civil Service exam

IAS Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once a year

IAS Exam Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Educational Qualification : Candidates should be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

And also eligible final year appearing candidates

Age Limits Details :

Candidates min of age limit 21 years & Max of age limit 30 years

The Upper age relaxation as per govt rules

OBC Candidates : max of age limits 33 years

SC/ST Candidates : max of age limit 35 years

PWD Candidates : max of age limit 40 years

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4 Times

OBC Candidates : 7 Times

SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

Examination Fee : Rs.100/-

Free for SC/ST Candidates

26th March 2013, 06:27 AM
sandeep.verma12d

Quote:
yes you can appear the exam as the % eligibility is not there.

AGE limit- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

if you are a General candidates then you can make attempt- 4 times
OBC- 7 times
SC/ST- No such restriction

there are 3 stages of exams:
Prelims
Mains
Interview
26th March 2013, 08:25 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes definitely you can prepare for the IAS Exam if you have completed B.Com Hons or are in the final year of graduation.

As you are currently pursuing B.Com Hons from the Delhi University , so the year in which you are will decide that whether you are eligible for the IAS Exam or not.

But preparation for exam does not have any relation with the educational qualification because its up to the candidate that whether he/she starts the preparation just after 12th or after graduation.

As we all know that The Civil Services Exam [IAS Exam] is one of the toughest examinations which require ample preparation and knowledge to crack this exam.

So , the earlier you will start preparation for this exam , the more beneficial it will be for you.

The IAS Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

More than 10 lac candidates apply every year and appear in the exam but only 250-300 are selected to join the Indian Administrative Services.

Besides preparation you also have to keep in mind that whether you fulfill the qualifications required for the exam or not as you can appear in the exam only if you fulfill the qualifications required completely.

The Required Qualifications for IAS Examination are :

* You must hold a graduation degree in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

* Candidates in final year of graduation can also appear in this exam.

* The Age Limit for IAS Exam :

Also , you need to prepare for this exam in the right way as most of the candidates even don`t know that how to prepare for the IAS Exam.

So , for you sake of convenience , here i have provided the IAS Exam pattern :

You need to prepare through the pattern to crack this exam.

The IAS Examination is conducted in three phases namely :

a) Preliminary Examination

b) MAINS Examination

c) Interview

The Candidate needs to crack all the three phases if he/she wants to crack the IAS Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
26th March 2013, 10:06 AM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I prepare for IAS exam if I am a student pursuing B.Com Hons from DU?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

IAS Stands Indian Administrative Service

yes , you are eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam........

Eligibility :

Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.........

Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

There is no percentage criteria.....

Age Limit:

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

Relaxation on Upper Age:

For OBC category : up to 33 years

For SC/ST category : up to 35 years

No. Attempt:

There are only 4 attempts available for General category , For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit.....

Exam Pattern:

1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

For more details :-

All the best...........
26th March 2013, 11:09 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am Happy to say that you are eligible for I.A.S exam after passing B.Com from Delhi University.

I.A.S exam is also called Civil Services.

Civil Services exam exam is conducted for may post like:-
> Indian Administrative Services
> Indian Police Services
> Indian Foreign Services
> Indian Revenue Services
etc

Age limit for Civil Services exam is:-
For Open candidate: 21-30 year
For ST/SC candidate:- 21-37 year

There are three stage of selection:-
> Prelims Exam
> Mains Exam
> Interview

You can apply both online and offline.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2013:-
Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
Date of Mains eXam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
26th March 2013, 11:17 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You can prepare IAS exam after B.com. IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative service exam which is conducted by UPSC.

IAS exam eligibility;-

----You must be passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university/There is no percentage requirement.

----Age limit is 21-30 years.

---You must be Indian citizen.

---You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

IAS exam pattern;-

You have to start preparation from now to crack this exam.Collect current affairs and more GK.

Read Newspaper daily and watch tv news daily.

Share new things with others and practice previous year question papers of IAS exam. You can download papers from its official website;-
upsc.gov.in
26th March 2013, 02:06 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Yes, you can prepare for IAS examination.

The Indian Administrative Services is the administrative civil service of the Government of India. Indian Administrative Service officers hold key positions in the Union Government, State governments and Public Sector Undertakings. The Administrative Service is one of the three All India Services.

The IAS officers are recruited by the Union government on the recommendation of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and posted under various State governments.

The examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It has three stages:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

The IAS is considered to be extremely challenging. Recently, the preliminary exam pattern has changed. There used to be 23 optional subjects along with a general studies paper. Now there will be no optional subjects in the preliminary examination. Instead there will be a second paper which will be common for all candidates (CSAT).

The eligibility criteria required for the IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any track from any accredited college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

IAS examination pattern:-

IAS examination syllabus:-

26th March 2013, 05:52 PM
eiidelhi
Junior Member+

Why not dear, Percentage isn't require for IAS. first go on www.uspc.gov.in & download syllabus for IAS & start preparation according to your syllabus.

You should use standred reference books for this section & also use pratiyogita darpan.

Best of Luck!
27th March 2013, 09:15 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Exactly, you can prepare for IAS exam.

The educational qualifications regarding with IAS examination are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must be completed their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

* The age of opponents must be lie in between 21-30 years.

* The relaxation of age for OBC opponents is 3 years and SC/ST opponents is 5 years.

* Opponents must have an Indian citizenship.

Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?