11th March 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?

sir please tell i m become a ias hat can i do for first step for become a ias.
i m purcuhing BE from electronics and communication engg.what can i do for this profession.

26th April 2012, 06:22 PM
ravi17283

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?

hi,
yes,good question.here is your answer.with your B-Tech programme daily take a topic and start your preparation according to the syllabus for UPSC.collect materials and previous papers from market or net and obtain knowledge from it.go through according to your plan of subjects.always browse upsc government site for exam details and so on..refer www.upsc portal.com for updates and study materials,previous papers.go through current affiars daily which are available in this site....best of luck...your well wisher
21st June 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?

which branch i should prefer for engineering that will help me to become an ias officer in future?
9th August 2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

sir am a b.com graduate..not good in studies.failed sslc two times..but my ambition is to become a IAS officer....sir can i.....
waiting for ur reply..
9th August 2012, 07:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS officer you would have to crack the UPSC Civil Service Examination. It is regarded as the toughest and most competitive exam in India with over 1 million candidates appearing in it every year.

Firstly you need to complete the Engineering course before you can apply for the IAS exam. Once you have completed B.Tech there would be two options for you. You can either prepare for the exam on your own or you can opt for professional coaching to be prepared.

My recommendation for you would be to go for second option. Coaching centers usually have professionals who would help you prepare for the exam in systemtic order. They will create a schedule for you to follow. They even provide previous years question papers to study.

If you are preparing by yourself or even taking coaching classes there are few things you should always keep in mind.

1. There is no need to panic even if you failed to crack the exam in first attempt. A lot of people also fail to do so. Take it as learning experience and prepare for the next year. Remember that General candidates get 4 attempts while OBC gets 7 attempts. There is no limit for the SC/ST candidates.

2. To prepare yourself better for IAS exam, study from the NCERT books because lots of questions are taken from the NCERT books. The major part of the General studies paper which is one of the qualifying papers of 200 marks is from NCERT books.

3. It is very important to keep a tab on latest news and current affairs of the world. Start watching news and read newspaper. You should know about major events taking place in the world since there would be questions related to them in the entrance exam.

4. The IAS exam is divided into 2 parts )Preliminary exam and )Main Exam. There is not much time difference between two exams therefore you should prepare for both exams together.

5. You need to develop language skills for the essay paper. Those who don't have good language skills would have difficulty in essay paper.

6. Remember that in Main exams four papers are on the two subjects chosen by the candidate. Make sure you choose subjects that are easy. For example you would not want to choose Mechanical Engineering as one of the subjects.

7. Apart from studying books you should also practice old question papers and mock tests available online.
9th August 2012, 09:50 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IAS exam stands for indian administrive exam which is conducted by upsc.
To start preparing for IAS one should incorporate habit of learning newspaper's editorial pages, know about the current affairs through news, internet. You should take appropriate subjects for mains these days as in prelims no subject is required.
You should plan for each day's task. For your benefit one can join coaching institutes.
Thank you
10th August 2012, 09:30 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

for becoming IAS officer you have passed out civil service examination.
conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any DEcipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
=> Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

=> Preliminary Exam.
=> Main Exam
=> Interview

Books to be refer:

All the Best
7th February 2013, 08:46 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian administrative Services.

The selection procedure for IAS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.

The eligibility criteria required for IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Exam pattern for IAS:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

8th February 2013, 08:23 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its nice to hear that you want to crack the UPSC Civil Services Examination and want to become an IAS Officer.

As you are currently pursuing BE , the first thing that you have to do is to complete your BE on a good note.

The Civil Services Examination is conducted every yer by the Union Public service Commission for the selection of new IAS Officers , IPS Officers , treasury Officers , etc.

There are a few eligibility Criteria that you have to fulfill in order to appear in the exam.

These eligibility criteria are mentioned below :

a) you should have a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized college/university.

b) There is no percentage bar for this examination.

c) your age should lie in between 21-30 years if you belong to General Category.

d) 3 years relaxation is granted to OBC Candidates and 5 years relaxation is granted to SC/ST Candidates.

e) You must be an Indian Citizen.

The Examination is conducted in three phases :

1) Preliminary Examination

2) MAINS Examination

3) Interview Test

The Exam pattern of Civil Services Exam is :

In order to crack the Civil Services Exam , you have to pass all the three exams separately.

Last but not the least , this is one of the toughest examinations , so it requires ample study and preparation with a strong grasp on Basic Knowledge.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
11th May 2013, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

how should be prepare ias exam?i am studying for b.tech ele and comm
3rd October 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Hiii...i have completed BE in ECE through education loan.....so what should i do as i want to do for government service,so what should i do IAS or IES?as i hv finance problem so i want to do job.some ppl suggest me for gate n psu for good job ,then i should prepare for civil services.please suggest me,what will be better for me...waiting for ur rply
1st December 2013, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

I am studying B.E ...electronics and communication engineering ....which subjects I have to take as optional that will easy for me.....
28th April 2014, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

i m in first year in NIT KKR i have to crack ias .what should i do from today.please guide me in proper direction.but my trade is ECE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?