24th October 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam if I am a student of B.Com 2nd year

Sir i am student of b.com2nd year and no idea for prepare to IAS exam please suggest me to how can prepare to IAS exam?-Rishi

29th April 2013, 05:56 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam if I am a student of B.Com 2nd year

IAS comprises questions from topics like Indian polity, constitution, mental aptitude, and general studies. Exam preparations can be done after collecting detailed syllabus from UPSC portal. Preparation can be done using textbooks like A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal, Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey, Civil Services Success Planner by Sharma K K, and so on. E-books can also be referred for study. Solving previous year question papers will be useful to clear the test.
30th April 2013, 11:20 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Preparation for IAS:
You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.

You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
It’s important to have some reading habits as that will help you to keep yourself updated about the current affairs. Read lots of magazines.Also you should be strong in aptitude and the subjects that you have chosen or will choose.

You can download previous year question papers from Following links:
http://www.onestopias.com/
http://www.upscportal.com/civilservices/papers
http://www.jagranjosh.com/

30th May 2013, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

which books are considerd for ias examination?
31st May 2013, 06:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The Civil Services Examination is conducted in India for Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Forest Service etc.

You have choosen right time to start preparing for the entrance exam. You should give yourself good 8 to 10 months to prepare for the exam.

There are two stages of written tests in Civil Services examination. First is preliminary exam and second is main exam. To appear for Main exam, it is necessary to clear the preliminary exam.

The preliminary exam is nothing more than a qualifying exam. The marks of preliminary will not be added to your final tally. Therefore here your aim is to only score enough to reach the second stage.

In Main exam you will appear for 9 written tests which will include 4 tests on two optional subjects. You should choose the subjects related to your course which you find easy. Don't go for engineering or other difficult subjects that may be hard to prepare for you.

Now coming to preparation. You can start with reading books of 12th Class by NCERT. Apart from that you should watch a lot of news and read newspapers and maganizes.

Keep yourself updated to political scenario of the country and at the same time current events from around the world.

English is very important part of Main Examination. You will have to give 1 written test on English. If your english skills aren't good, this is the time to work on them. You can join some english speaking classes on work on it yourself. If you have someone in family with good English, take the help in improving English.

If you are not from Hindi heartland then having understanding of English or Hindi is important since Civil Services Examination is conducted in these two languages only.

After few days of study try solving some previous year's question papers of Civil Services Examination. You can download them for free from internet. Solving the sample papers will help you identify your weaknesses.

Eligibility

1. Your nationality should be Indian to appear for Civil Services Examination.

2. The qualification required in graduation degree.

3. There is no criteria for percentage.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years for the exam.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam - There are two written tests in it.

2. Main Exam - A total of 9 written tests.

3. Personal Interview
24th August 2014, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir, please provide me how to prepare for the IAS exam? As i am doing self study & please provide me the some magazines name & how i will get that magazine ? As i am in b- com 2 nd year . Pls provide me all the information about IAS exam & as i m from MAHARASHTRA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?